Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a sno way 28D v plow. I am trying to find out which way the diode has to face on the wiring harness to the contractor it states it has to face the contractor but there is no direction on the diode. maybe cut the heat shrink and find out. This was a pre owned plow and harness. They crimped the brown, tan, and grey together. The brown is supposed to have a diode? It shows it in the wiring schematic, the brow, tan and grey are all suppose to go on one screw on the contractor but the plow would lift and wings would move all at the same time and sound like it's under load so I put the diode in but I think it's backwards. But it seems to work better other than the right wing collapses under some load. Any help would be awesome I should have bought a new one or at least tested it first (too trusting I guess) stupid me. I did try the plow with the wires crimped together but something had to actuate the contractor so it would have never worked like that I think? Thank you in advance for your help.

·
Super Moderator
862 Posts
The diodes may not be needed.
There not needed on other plows and can also be removed on a home biker plow.

This will help you to get them in the right orientation.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a sno way 28D v plow. I am trying to find out which way the diode has to face on the wiring harness to the contractor it states it has to face the contractor but there is no direction on the diode. maybe cut the heat shrink and find out. This was a pre owned plow and harness. They crimped the brown, tan, and grey together. The brown is supposed to have a diode? It shows it in the wiring schematic, the brow, tan and grey are all suppose to go on one screw on the contractor but the plow would lift and wings would move all at the same time and sound like it's under load so I put the diode in but I think it's backwards. But it seems to work better other than the right wing collapses under some load. Any help would be awesome I should have bought a new one or at least tested it first (too trusting I guess) stupid me. I did try the plow with the wires crimped together but something had to actuate the contractor so it would have never worked like that I think? Thank you in advance for your help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got the plow working but I lost down pressure and the right wing collapses under pressure so I'm going to pull the valves for the right wing functions clean them check to make sure they are fully closing then reinstall. Now down pressure I'm not sure about it's not like I really need it but it would be nice if it worked to re -sell next year. The diode has no arrows so I put the writing towards the contractor. It seemed to work, I have not reversed it to see if the right wing valve closes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts