Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
GO GO Gadget Plow!
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mounted one Smith unit this weekend, and readied the other unit to load on when needed. Gotta love those spreaders, just plus in and go, no fuss no muss. No engine to worry about, and I love the no maint. stainless. Why anyone would buy mild steel is beyond me, once you own stainless, you understand why it is the way to go. You can get a mild steel to last 10 + years, but it takes alot of maint to make it last. We have a 12 y/o mild steel we kep as a back up, and even tho most of it is still present, the rust and corrosion still take its toll. We need to have a new shute fabricated, and new spinner shaft mounted.
New airflows ss with 8.5 briggs for 3K are a great deal, or better yet new smith SS electric for 3800.00 should be close to the same cost as that western ice breaker mild steel.
Dino

·
Banned
1,279 Posts
Will I would have loved to have gone with an all electric but could not find anyone in the chicago area that sold them. Went with the Swenson Steel and paid $3800.00 with the upgrade for the 11hp Honda.

I did run a SnowEx Vee Pro 8000 last year and it just did not work out for my kind of use. You know the kind of use where you expect a brand new unit to what is it suppose to do. Oh yeah, and also crazy me I wanted it to work when I flipped the switch.

I have heard great things about Smith and Downeaster, but again I just could not find either in the area.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts