Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 7 1/2 meyer and i was just noticing that where the half moon on the aframe is there is alot of play if you move the plow side to side (by hand) like rocking it side to side, is this becuase my center trip spring is loose as a goose, and also where your center trip spring goes is it supposed to attach to the half moon or is there supposed to be this bracket that is about 6 inchs high?? ill attach a picture thank you for any help

Attachments

·
Registered
832 Posts
I'm not sure were your play is in your plow?
But the center spring being loose isn't the cause of it.
The third spring is normally mounted to an angle iron bracket that would be welded between the other two spring mounting brackets on the sector just as you thought.
As it is set up now the spring would have to bend and pivot when you angled your plow left to right.
:rolleyes: John.................

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the play is in the half moon it is really sloppy right in the middle

·
Registered
660 Posts
This is the problem with the ST series Meyer's.

Your lift chain is lifting on the sector guide portion of your A-Frame. In essence it is peeling that back.

Relocate the lift chain, strengthen that sector guide, and tighten that up. Install a bigger center Pivot bolt, as the holes are surely worn out.

This should tighten it up a bit, but remember a loose plow will contour to undulating surfaces better.

Also, the actual A-Frame to truck frame mounting pin holes get quite loose too. Check your pins, sometimes they are quite worn, and new ones alone will tighten things up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts