Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How often do you view your sites. What i mean is do you check them everyday everyone in a wile or just the day after you have done plowing ?

I cant see how you would make money if you drive around to the places all the time checking on them.

Dave.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
We check sites probably once or twice after our last service (within a day or two) and after that its up to the property manager to call us for service. Its in the contract.

·
Registered
445 Posts
We go around after we are totally done to make sure we didn't miss any thing, and like JD said after that its up to the property manager to call us for service.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How about in spring when its warm during the day and colder at nite ? I guess you would know what site's have potential for snow melt and you prolly stack it in a area where it wont run all over and cause ice.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
check the sights and do any minor touch up the next day after we finish clearing the snow from the storm...

·
Banned
1,279 Posts
I would agree with evryone else. Depending on the weather conditions and on going snowfall. No matter what you have to check the site at least one time after you are done. If there is the chance of melt and refreeze and salting is part of the contract it is need to get done.

In my area with there seems to be less and less snowfallearly in the season we try to be more visable toward the end of the season. The extra visablity just shows we are interested.

On the seasonal account you have to be sure the client feels like they are getting there moneys worth, a tank of gas an a few hours is a small price to pay. Even when it is dry I still try to at least drive by the sites once or twice a month just to see if anything has moved or been damamged. Reduces the chance of a client saying you damamged something after the snow starts falling. That alone has paid for itself.

Just my .02

·
Registered
866 Posts
I go out and chck after hours on my commercial accounts so that I do not have to deal with the traffic they both get, not only in their lots, but on the raods in front of them. I also stop in at least once a week to show my face and see if there are any concerns. This give me a chance to see if there is anything new I need to watch out for, or if any damage has been done that could be potentially blamed on me. I carry a digital cam, so if by chance I do cause damage- I take pics and write notes on exactly what happened. I also notify the property manager asap and work it out with them right then. I have not yet had to do this, I a extremely careful, but I know the potential is hig- especially after 2 hours in the truck- so I want to be covered n matter what. I have a good working relationship with most of my clients- the new ones will get to know me soon enough. I also drive through to check on ost of my accounts and see if they wil require salting on a regular basis- especially since we not only get lake effect on a regular basis, but we also get some wild temp swings and bright sun that can wreak havoc with ice buildup.

Bill

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
I check most of our stuff all the time,just in case.If it's been nice,and I'm sure everything is fine,then I don't bother,but if in doubt,I always check.You never know what might melt and refreeze.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts