Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to replace the shocks on my 1995 Chevy 2500. Any input (brands that you've liked, brands to stay away from, etc.) is greatly appreciated!

·
AKA "Iceman"
821 Posts
I hear that Bilstein make a terrific shock. I will be replacing the shocks on my truck in the spring, will most likely use Bilstein's

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Monroe Blue are cheap,and work well.Just as well as the big name brands that are twice the money.

Most parts stores have them readily available.

·
Registered
610 Posts
just installed monro-sense trac
on my wifes excursion
rides completely different
john

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
another vote for bilstens

great shock IMO and were original for the z71 package for a number of years. Loved how they worked on my 97 1500

·
Registered
866 Posts
I've run the Monroe's before- great shock for the money, when it comes to a work vehicle. Of course I don't have anything but work vehicles right now, so I haven't played around with anything else yet! LOL!

Bill

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I have had Bilstiens and Rancho 9000's and I think the 9000's are better at controlling the vehicle with the plow on otherwise they are the same.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Try "The Shock Shop"

I have bought from these folks twice now and find their prices and shocks can't be beat, free shipping to boot. The only drawback is they only sell the standard lines of Gabriel and Monroe and its not a fully automated site so all you do is call. Real nice to deal with. $25 each delivered for Gabriel HD gas. and the comparable Monroes. They also sell the air shocks for more. They did say last week that their prices have gone up slightly but will still honor the posted prices. Just look up THE SHOCK SHOP Mine were delivered from Ohio to here in NY in under a week.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Snowboy - I'm replacing the rear ones because one of them was actually rotted out(?). I just brought the truck back to the dealer I bought it from for some warranty stuff and he actually replaced them. He used the Monroes. I saw his receipt and he paid $22 each; I imagine he gets some kind of a discount from NAPA. I will probably replace the fronts myself in a couple of weeks just to keep them all around the same age. For $50 or so, it seams worth it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts