Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
91 Toyota Ext V-6 5 speed. Pretty good shape frame is great! Short story, bought for a really nice guy. He bought for a older genital man who was transferred here to the University of Illinois 8 years ago. But had another car to drive so the truck sat for 8 years in the garage under a cover. (go figure) His son turned 16 two years ago and he gave him the truck, that lasted 8 months and dented the door and front fender. So he took the truck away (back to the garage) for a year. And finally sold to the man I bought it from but he had to sell because he lost his license and need the money. I love craigslist ...

Now is does need work door and fender but that fixable.

$2150 I don't think i got hurt as for the millage 126,800 ;)

(the 88 Toyota frame gave out and dropped the blade so this is the replacement)

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
That will work..

They make good drive way units. :grinz

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Nice, I had an '87 and loved it. The only problem was the long seam parallel to the ground on the bed. It formed a horizontal lip that held the salt and rusted the whole bed out.

I know they changed that but I forget when. I always wished I was aware of the problem, I would have filled the top of that lip with roofing cement and made a 45 degree angle that would shed water and salt and sand.

Later the cross member in the very rear of the frame rotted but I had someone weld in a new cross member for a very reasonable price, after a couple of refusals. Some body shops are afraid to weld the frame, but for a simple cross member or the "horns" that stick out in the front and hold the plow it is no big deal. I had a custom car guy weld the "horns" on the front of my frame (where the plow push plates bolt on) on a cab chassis after a crack developed from a major hit at high speed. Still fine 2 years later, and last year was the biggest in 15 years.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Greg, Nice job. That is what I have to pic up to do driveways with. Automatic?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
91 Toyota Ext V-6 5 speed. Pretty good shape frame is great! Short story, bought for a really nice guy. He bought for a older genital man who was transferred here to the University of Illinois 8 years ago. But had another car to drive so the truck sat for 8 years in the garage under a cover. (go figure) His son turned 16 two years ago and he gave him the truck, that lasted 8 months and dented the door and front fender. So he took the truck away (back to the garage) for a year. And finally sold to the man I bought it from but he had to sell because he lost his license and need the money. I love craigslist ...

Now is does need work door and fender but that fixable.

$2150 I don't think i got hurt as for the millage 126,800 ;)

(the 88 Toyota frame gave out and dropped the blade so this is the replacement)

Nice truck, but the mental image of the bolded quote is a little scary:eek:
:grinz

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess I did not spell check hahaa.

and it is a 5 speed works great on our little 3" snow a couple of days ago. Had no set backs worked like a champ.

·
Registered
940 Posts
that truck will be great for you. We run 3 of them as production trucks. we've pushed a foot of heavy snow with them, even with pro-wings on them. With wings they run out to 8'6".

Run 300-400lbs of ballast and good set of snowtires and you'll be truly amazed at what the trucks can push. No, you can't stack a mountain with them, but you can open driveways and parking lots no problem with them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts