Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Block are $20 each.........

Got to dark out for pics, but stacking them 3 blocks high, missing a whole level in the pics.

I will get more when I complete it in the AM.

Stall have 6 more blocks to haul over.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Those are some big blocks. How much do each of them weight.How much does each of the bins hold?
BTW nice pics.

·
Banned
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Small ones I am using to build with now, 2800#

Big ones in last pic, 4000#

Bin I am building now, 60 tons

Bin in last pic 81 tons.

Other bin I will post later 56 tons.

·
Registered
413 Posts
SGF - have you weighed the blocks out? The reason I ask is that I keep getting different weights from different people for the blocks. I decided to buy 2x2x3 blocks since I only have a skid steer to move them. I was figuring they were around 1500 to 1700 lbs each. Going to a 4' long block I figured they would be just over 2,000 lbs to 2200 lbs. What size skidsteer did you use to move them?

Thanks for the pictures, it looks very similar to what I built for our salt pile. We built it on gravel and then poured 5 CY of concrete to make the floor of the bin. Came out to be about 3.5 - 4.0" thick. We've got about 50 tons in it now, figure we can get another 10 to 15 squeezing it in.

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Take a look at this site

http://www.conigliaro.com/marke****ch/index.cfm

These are supose to be lighter beacuse they use plastic in them instead of the stone that is normaly used in the concrete mix. That is the upside lighter but still strong down size is price thses cost more they list the pricing on that site somewhere but they do come in different sizes to make a great looking finished wall.

Found the price

http://www.conigliaro.com/recycling...,84,90,88,77,76,71,65,63,66,62,67,60,68,61,69

·
Banned
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Lawn Lad, I moved them with the skid loader posted above...

It's close to a Bobcat 883-S300

Those block were guess by the cubic area of concrete, some of them felt heavier than others, and I got 2 that were a lot fresher and made the loader wobblly.

Chuck, those pics are very similar to Uni-Lok blocks.. The place this bin it at, has about 10 of the ones like in the pic, and 4--2x2x4 ones, those blocks are perfect compared to the ones I got.

The owner didn't even know that those blocks are even the stuff I had to move exsisted. After I was done he said we could have them...So after we get some salt in there (Friday), we might add thoe blocks to it, if I want more salt.

You can see some of them in the second pic...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.