Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an older Meyer plow that has seen better days. I removed the cutting edge and found that the face of the moldboard is separating from the ribs can I just weld it back together or does it need more help that that.

This plow is on a 96 bronco and it sags bad in the front last year I used air bags in the springs they worked but they kept popping. Is there any thing that I can do?
:confused:

·
Registered
610 Posts
my suggestion would be to have a welder look at it
to see if it can be saved

replace the front coil spring
with a hd set
it will look better even when the plow is off
john

·
Registered
866 Posts
Fman- ok, you will hear this alot, but type "timbrens" in on the search page and you will get several hits back to sort through- there is a recent thread that has some decent illustrations on a timbren, if I can find it I'll post the link and try to save you some time. I would also look at replacing the springs- it sounds like they are either overwhelmed with the wight of the plow and are pinching the airbags, or are just plain whooped and can't take the weight anymore. You might try JC Whitney, and a search on the web- there are some sites that offer a heavier spring for off road apps, etc...

I will try to find that link on the timbrens in a minute, but they would be a good addition to the new springs- I would strongly reccomend them. As far as the plow goes- know any good welders? Otherwise you might want to think about replacing the moldboard if you are going to keep the plow for a while longer.

Bill

·
Registered
832 Posts
fman. With those older Ford Bronco's the front springs weren't that great from the beginning.
You could replace the air bags or add a pair of Timbren Load Boosters, both would help solve your sagging problems and support your added load again.
But with the cost of springs for your truck I would have a set varible rate front springs installed, such as Mogg CargoGo coils.
This would solve your sagging and improve your ride and handling.

:rolleyes: John................

·
Registered
150 Posts
I had a 93 bronco with a 7.6' meyers and they do sag pretty bad .Mine was a pretty good plow truck untill the trans went in the middle of a blizzard:eek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.