Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now, here's a serious charging system! That's 6, count 'em, six alternators. Bracket is avail. for purchase and one to accomodate two is avail as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Those are the big Leece-Neville alternators too ! :D Must be running a big power invertor or something.

I'd like to know where I could get more info on those brackets.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Why does it need all of them? What is done with the truck?

Everett

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
More than likely there is a huge sound system in that truck. I have seen picks of those setups in car audio magazines. They also have several batterys.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
The voltage gage probably doesnt even budge under load . bracketry for a second alterantor would be interesting to look at

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wyldman said:
Those are the big Leece-Neville alternators too ! :D Must be running a big power invertor or something.

I'd like to know where I could get more info on those brackets.
Yes you are correct! Those are Leece-Nevilles used to run hi-watt RF amplifiers not audio amps. It's in a Suburban and used for amateur radio. Here are more pics at this link:click here
The alternator brackets are available HERE

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The pic of the alternator bracket didn't take in the last post so let's try it again!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
if your handy with a welder probaly would be cheaper to fab one just have to make sure ya get everything lined up properly...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts