Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been out pushing snow since X-mas, those little pennies from heaven have piled up here, picked up another foot yesterday, checked out Nates site, looks good though his parts wouldn't come up, can't see the icons without right clicking , my computor is in limp mode, need some info on those rubber cutting edges from those that use them pro's and con's as I am considering giving them a try .:grinz plowing!

·
Registered
610 Posts
do a search of u-edges
lots of info good and bad
john

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Actually there hasn't been too much discussion of the rubber cutting edges here. But I believe a few have used them & can hopefully post comments about them for you. I would go with urethane or steel over rubber for sure. While it is much cheaper, the rubber wears much faster and folds back & stays that way (has a "memory"), so in the long run it may not be cheaper. Also, let us know if you want us to edit the thread title. You will probably get more feedback about rubber cutting edges if that is mentioned in the title also, instead of many people thinking this is a thread about, or for Nate.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It might be good to use them on the slushy stuff to squeegy it off, I wasn't to sure how poly/rubber would work on the icy stuff, I don't think it would be worth changing edges to match the storm or season, I don't know much about setting up threads, I actually thought I did a reply and not a new thread, I don't get pictures on this thing unless i right click and hit show picture, lots of boxes on my screen so it's easy to mess up as it could take several minutes to set up a page, will get some help fixing this thing.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I didnt notice this until a few minutes ago, I run a rubber edge on my blade just because my steel was worn down and I had a strip about 7' long that someone wanted cut down to 6" but never bought. it helps tremendously in wet slushy snow but it will not pickup the hardpack , it has most of the same quirks as urethane and the same pricing too:cash to be honest I am thinking about swapping back to a steel edge for the next storm, the rubber leaves too much snow on the pavement

1 - 5 of 5 Posts