Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got a 7'6 RT3 V I bought used. I purchased brand new truck side wiring, and had a shop install it. The smart hitch never worked, I usually just push headgear up manually to lock it in place. I just hooked plow up to move it, and I could not get the headgear to move manually like I Normally do. After fighting it, finally got the plow disconnected. Came back an hour or so later, first it was hard, but now it moves manually. Any ideas where to start? Thank you in advance

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the light on the hand controller turns red. Maybe its lit up, and not actually in float? Not sure what to make of it. Even before this, pushing the headgear manually was sometimes easy, then all of a sudden it would get hard to push up and get the pins to click in

·
Registered
398 Posts
Tough to say but if you aren't having issues lowering while using, my guess is the issue is more mechanical/physical than electrical/hydraulic. Specifically, I'm thinking the pushframe is adjusted too low so that when you are trying to push the tower up, when it hits the bottom of the hooks on the pushbeam you are trying to lift the plow up off the ground. The height is adjustable by moving the triangular rubber piece that sits on top with the bolt going vertically through it.

BTW, as to the smart hitch not working, count the # of pins on the plow side control plug. There should be 13. If you only have 12, then the 1 for the smarthitch attach is broken off. It's by itself and invariably is the first to break off. They sell a repair end to fix it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That makes sense. I just put a new bumper stop on as well as new cutting edges. The cutting edges sit evenly now. I'll check my pushbeam height. Last year i had no trouble at all, but the cutting edges never sat evenly, and attack angle was always tipped towards the truck

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just went to local NAPA, where they just paved the lot. Drivers side is 15 1/4 passenger side 15 1/2. Now, my truck has always leaned to the left in the front.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Back to smart hitch, I have 13 pins, plus when I hit the switch, I hear motor running, but nothing moves. Hit switch in other direction it sounds like its already in position and can't move anymore

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When you push up, I get motor sound, no movement. When I push down, I get a labored sound like its already in position and can't move anymore

·
Registered
398 Posts
Check the valve labeled Smarthitch attach behind the plastic pump cover. Make sure no wires popped off it. Then put a big screwdriver to the nut on the end while pushing up on the switch. See if it magnetizes and grabs the screwdriver

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, ill try that. Haven't had time to mess with that part yet, probably this weekend.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Also, it turns out, the place that installed the wiring and push plates, had the push beam at 14 1/2 inches. I raised it to where it should be, and it goes on manually a lot better than before. I should have checked their work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts