Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the secret for getting the new clutch slave cylinder in and getting the push rod to fit into the clutch fork. The rod is floppy and likes to drop to bottom of the case. You only have a hole about the size of a quarter to try and maneuver the rod into the clutch fork.

Thanks for all and any suggestions or help.
Bill

·
Registered
367 Posts
Have not seen one of those in years, but if the rod keeps falling out, the spring in the slave aint working, or the fork is out of position, or broken, or the clutch is toast.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Replaced my clutch master cylinder, slave cylinder and the hydraulic line with the new style braided stainless steel line. Bled by gravity and vacuum bled. No large bubbles only the little one you usually get when vacuum bleeding, from around the bleeder screw. Bled out quite a bit of fluid, kept the master cylinder reservoir full at all times. I still have no clutch pedal, no resistance when I push the pedal down ad the clutch does not disengage. Pedal easily pushed down by hand. I'm at a loss, thinking something is wrong with the new master cylinder but am not sure how to test it. Instructions said the master cylinder did not have to be bench bled before installing. I've probably put at least a 12oz of brake fluid through the system trying to get pressure. Main reason I hanged everything out is every winter the system used to get air in the line just prior to the start of snow plowing and the only way to get pressure was to gravity bleed for an hour or so. Decided to get a jumpy on things this year and fix it early.

Thanks for any and all help and suggestions,
Bill

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you sure it’s pumping fluid to the slave cylinder?
I know fluid is getting to the slave cylinder, as I have gravity, vacuum and power vacuum bled the slave an got out quite a bit of fluid. I did not have anyone available to push on the pedal while I opend the bleeder on the slave cylinder.Hopefully I'll be able to try that this weekend. I planning on reverse bleeding the master cylinder either tomorrow or Thursday.

·
Super Moderator
908 Posts
Just because your blead it doesn’t mean it’s working.
how do you know that it’s working? does the slave cylinder move when you push on the pedal is the rod from the slave cylinder line up with the clutch release or did that fall into the bell housing?

Open the door reach in and push the clutch down with your hand while observing it .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts