Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a Western Ultramount Pro and one of my blade guides basically just snapped right off, and I've been shopping around for replacements but the only ones I've found online are a little different than mine.

Maybe mine are an older style, but they have a sort of triangular metal flange at the bottom where they bolt on (which is what rusted / snapped off).

The "official Western" one's I've seen online do not have this metal bracket - they have a sort of "U-shaped" hook at the bottom instead and they also seem to be a bit on the pricey side (like $32 plus shipping). Are those the best alternative for replacing what I have, or will I run into an issue trying to bolt them on? Just curious if anyone knows...

Hope everyone is having a great season so far!

PS - I'm also curious to know if you all have a preference as to keeping the flags on them or not? my flags are so tattered they really don't serve any purpose at the moment...

·
LetsTalkSnow.com - Travel & Bar Consultant
2,029 Posts
Dave............Save the cash and head down to your nearest
Farm & Tractor store or local NAPA dealer for a set of knock-off
style of guides for $15 bucks a set....................

They carry several diff. kinds. One is like a stiff piece of red plastic
covered battery cable. Another is a straight piece of solid hollow
plastic tube. Both are thick and quite flexible and come with 2 new
nuts and bolts. Not to mention easier to spot than those thin, flimsy
and $pendy Western OE pieces................geo

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks sonjaab, makes good sense. I'll hit Farm & Tractor tomorrow and see what they have, we haev one about 4 miles from my place. I appreciate the input!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fantastic, thank you! I've been down for a couple days with back problems/pain (and there's been no snow to push since 1/11, which has been good for my back but not for my wallet!) so I haven't had a chance to get out to the store yet. $10?? I'm ordering those! Thank you!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Yes, no problem Dave. The $10 is sure easy on the wallet compared to the alternative...Any local NAPA dealer has replacement plow markers and parts, but i know for a fact they're more $$. I've bought a few sets of these for my plows and extra sets for my wings....and they do just as intended. Glad I could help!

·
Registered
701 Posts
FWIW, I was in the TSC here at the beginning of the week and all the plow stuff they had was on clearance. I believe the markers were down to around 6 bucks.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
I was at Tractor Supply the other day and they had the Fluorescent orange markers reduced from $20 to $15 bucks a set.. I should have bought a couple sets to have.... Red and Yellow sticks i think were $9 a set.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, no problem Dave. The $10 is sure easy on the wallet compared to the alternative...
Absolutely! Even with the $4 or $5 shipping it's still basically Less than $15 to have a set delivered to my doorstep. I might have saved $3 by driving to the store (if they had them in stock), but I'd gladly pay $3 instead of going into town myself and screwing around in a store / dealing with people and traffic. Is 40 minutes of anyone's time worth $3? Awesome.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Worked out perfect! Got here fast and they do seem to be better quality than the "official" guides. Easy replacment. Good thing the kit came with bolts/nuts because my old ones cracked right in half while removing them. Excellent deal, thanks for pointing me to them!

·
LetsTalkSnow.com - Travel & Bar Consultant
2,029 Posts
Good deal huh?????????

Intead of getting boned buying OEM replacements I am so glad I
stumbled into TSC and found that during the season they carried
knock off brand snowplow goodies like blade guides, trip springs,
those dreaded plow shoes (for keeping my house doors open or
for use in curling practice) and you can even match up replacement
plow hoses too!

Better yet at the end of season they dump the stuff for 1/2 price!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts