Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Chrysler Pacifica
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a few old salters that I want to get working again and some snowblowers that need a few repairs. Today I just replaced the handle on a Toro powerclear 418.

Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Vehicle

Simple stuff

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Blue Wheel Tire

I'll replace the scraping edge after next season, should be able to get one more out of it.

This snowblower needs a new fuel tank and carburetor. It's a yard machines. First one I ever bought.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Bumper

The combines were out taking down some corn

Sky Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle

·
Registered
2019 Chrysler Pacifica
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The fastenal here has a good stock; only downside, they make you buy an entire bag even if you only need one.
Same here. Though it was strange, I opened an account and was able to order individual nuts/ bolts/ washers online and pick them up at the store or have them delivered. But when I originally went to try and buy them individually at the store they wanted me to buy a bag. I guess I found some loop hole... by the third order the manager just gave me the bag of what I needed and charged me for two. The orders get filled and delivered from the individual branches so I can't understand why online they allow you to purchase individual nuts/ bolts/ washers but not in store.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Same here. Though it was strange, I opened an account and was able to order individual nuts/ bolts/ washers online and pick them up at the store or have them delivered. But when I originally went to try and buy them individually at the store they wanted me to buy a bag. I guess I found some loop hole... by the third order the manager just gave me the bag of what I needed and charged me for two. The orders get filled and delivered from the individual branches so I can't understand why online they allow you to purchase individual nuts/ bolts/ washers but not in store.
Because if you show up at a store needing 60 cents in hardware but they tell you you have to buy $3 worth, you buy $3 worth. Online, if you can price shop first however...

·
Registered
504 Posts
The local fastener place that we get our stuff from moved from a location that qualified as "hard to get to" to their new place which was "middle of F'ing nowhere"

It really didn't affect us as they deliver but I commented on it at one point. Their reply was " if the move makes it harder for Joe homeowner to come and buy 30 cents of flat washers, we are cool with that"

·
Registered
2019 Chrysler Pacifica
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The local fastener place that we get our stuff from moved at one point from a location that qualified as "hard to get to" to their new place which was "middle of F'ing nowhere"

It really didn't affect us as they deliver but I commented on it at one point. Their reply was " if the move makes it harder for Joe homeowner to come and buy 30 cents of flat washers, we are cool with that"
Yea, for sure. I'm going to try and set up a shed for the snow stuff over the summer so I can get some small bins and fill it with washers / nuts / bolts of common sizes. It's also annoying going to pick up one washer at a time, granted probably not as annoying of selling one washer at a time

·
Registered
2019 Chrysler Pacifica
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, first of three snowex 1575 salters to fix.

This was what it started as....

Blue Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wood

Had to put some plywood in there because the poly is cracked...
Wood Yellow Road surface Asphalt Railway

Ended up putting the vibrator on the other side because of the cracks
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Bumper

Inside....

Blue Mesh Fence Yellow Mammal

And the bearing that started it all.

Yellow Wood Hood Bumper Automotive tire

Spinner side
Automotive tire Wheel Wood Road surface Yellow

It's a bit bent but it still works.

And auger side....
Asphalt Road surface Rectangle Wood Gas

Plugged it in and it worked. Took me a little longer than I would have liked.

·
Registered
2019 Chrysler Pacifica
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got them finished up today. Just need to order another motor because one crapped out on me.

Plant Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wood Road surface

Had a minute to detail the shed

Grille Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper Wood

Didn't have any white spray paint.

Anyway, next project....

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Might have to wait, we'll see

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.