Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's thecsecret to removing the PA block from the base without stripping ot the headof the bolts or snaping off the bolts. Any and all help will be appreciated before I start.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sorry,lost my password,lol, or would have helped sooner.What usually happens is 1 or both of these--the steel bolts corrode and stick into the aluminum, or/and the bolt shanks,inside the holes, fill full of rust and corrosion. A quality hex wrench is preferred, not harbor freight. OK, but,this is not a new thing, so standard procedures are--
soak bolts in PB Blaster, or other chemical. Take a punch, smack the allen heads sharply several times, hammer and punch, and this usually will allow fluid to seep in better, and loosen up.
If really bad, and want to save the block, drill the heads off the allen bolts then remove the block.Then the shafts can be easily removed.
OK, coffee time.

·
Super Moderator
930 Posts

“The only benefits to removing it during a rebuild are that you can change those 3 little O Rings you can see in the pic, and it will be easier to remove the bolts again at a later date. I have never seen one of those little O Rings in the above pic blow out, or leak, unless somehow the PA Block Bolts came loose, and if that is the case, then there is no problem getting the bolts out.”

1 - 5 of 5 Posts