Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience with Nuance's OmniPage Professional 17, Stuffit and/or PaperPort 11? I've got an offer, as a "current customer" of their Dragon Dictate to get them as a bundle for $99.99. Price seems like a good deal, but don't know anybody who has used them.

·
R.I.P.
79 Posts
I had dragon dictate ver. 1,
It worked great, after you too the time to read the sample books so it would learn your voice.

Tip: Make sure the environment you are in is the same all the time.
EX: If you have a fan running you must have a fan running for the program to recognize you voice when dictating later on.

Great program once you get the hang of it.

Rick

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rick. I'm really liking Dragon Dictate. The OmniPage issue turned into a real cluster ----. Turns out my printer and computer didn't have the right type of driver for OmniPage. I spent about three days figuring this out and what to do about it. Fortunately I hadn't bought the OmniPage. Then after Geek Squad techs tried to help (but didn't), a clerk at the same Best Buy store gave me the "crucial clue" by telling to use the scanner commands on the computer instead of the printer's scanner menu commands. When I did that, I found out that the printer had never been installed on the computer. Once I found the printer install disk, I found that the computer has it's own version similar to OmniPage and works like a charm.:D

Then on July 3rd, we had lightning fry the computer. Another BIG, BIG hassle. Wound up using our ISP and HP online help which involved $49.99 and four hours on the telephone talking to people all over the US and finally India. Then after seven days and a new DSL box, we were told we'd have to have it repaired which would be about $500. HP offered to sell me a SlimLine for $270. Sounded good vs $500 for a repair so I've got one on the way. Ten minutes after I ordered that, I learned our son has the part to fix this one (took him about 15 minutes to install an Internet Install card he had laying around).

Oh, well, I'd been wanting a better computer for my office anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts