Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you remove your rear bumper when you install your V-box spreader. In my case, one of spreaders can't be pushed all the way forward because a part hits my bumper. If I remove my bumper, I will be able to and I think it would be safer to have the whole spreader pushed as far forward as possible. It only hangs over like 12" with the bumper on. What would or do you all do?
Thanks,
Andy

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I probaly wouldnt do that if i were you... If you do not have a bumper you will be in violation of PA inspection laws and they can nail ya with a heafty fine and or if they really wanna be pissy can suspend the trucks registration for a few months as a penalty... if your gonna do it i would fabricate up some sort of "Bumper" add on such as a split bumper or something to that effect to keep ya legal.

·
Site Founder
5,721 Posts
When installing an Air Flow on a Dodge 2500, we had to use a block of RR tie across the front of the bed, to stop the spreader from going in too far, and hitting the bumper. It worked fine, and it kept the chute away from the bumper. We did have to remove the pintle hook from the receiver tube too.

Which brings up another point. The spreader will block the license plate. The plate can be mounted on the spreader, and a set of trailer lights can be added to the spreader, with a license plate light, to keep it legal. Just plug them into your trailer plug.

~Chuck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts