Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Truck's all ready to go, 8.6 V, timbrens and just got s sweet deal on a year old SnowEx 1875. Thanks everyone for your wisdom, I have been lurking around here (and the former site) for some time. Hope everyone has a great winter!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I replied in the test forum, but you may not see it there. Truck and plow looks great! The white truck with the forged wheels and yellow Fisher V plow go together really well. Please post more pics if you have them, thanks! Mike :drinkup

·
Registered
866 Posts
Hey Mike- Are you a pic junkie too?! I love looking at the pics- gives me some ideas for my own stuff!! I'm thinking about what I'm going to do with my Blazer for next year- A custom made back plow is on the top of the list right now!!

Bill

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Yea, I love looking at everyones pictures! I love to see trucks and snowplows, or even heavy equipment! Now that I think of it, if you guys wanna start posting pics of your girlfriends or wives, Id be happy to take a look at those too! :D I dont wanna upset Chuck or the moderators though, so lets just stick to trucks, plows, and heavy equipment!! :) Mike

·
Registered
150 Posts
Thats a nice truck.Im starting to like the new Chevys.(finally)

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Philly, me too, it took a while, but when its a dressed up model, such as his, it doesnt look bad! NSSM, no offense, but Im surprised by how much the frontend drops with the plow raised considering you do infact have a set of Timbrens in there. Although, the Fisher HD V plow is a heavy plow. Looks good regardless! Mike

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, it does sag. I think it is automatic with the Chevy/GMC. I can't imagine having the V without timbren. I have not touched the torsion bar. The truck rides real well with it on though. What a difference having the V when driving down the road and not fighting the wind.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Great looking set-up...now all we need is a little snow for it to play in:cash

·
Registered
473 Posts
Awesome truck and plow! They look great. I'm getting th same plow for my f-250, if the mount ever comes in:mad:

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Looks good, I like the way the yellow fisher sets off the white truck. Just need some Cab clearance lights, and you're set!

I'd definately give the torsion bars 2 or three turns just to see if it helps, I think it will, plus about 900-1000# of ballast, and I think she'll be a plowing monster! :burnout

·
Registered
132 Posts
Try cranking the torsion bars up 6 to 8 turns. It raised my truck over and inch and the ride is still good. Less sag. I havent tried the timberens yet. there next on my list...
Nice looking truck man...I think there is one just like it out side my front door. :canada :burnout

1 - 15 of 15 Posts