Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all. well as you know i dont have a plow on my truck yet but i will before next year begins, so i have time to gather information, well i called my insurance carrier which is nationwide i told him i wanted a price on a policy for doing residental only no shoveling or salting just plowing. he said that while natiowide does not provide it that they use another carrier for that and for a four month policy for a three hundred thousand dollars policy it would be 450 bucks does this sound good. thanks david

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Not bad. But I'd look into the price for a 12-month policy just to compare. It should be nearly the same. Remember, the cost of insurance is based on risk and, for them, the risk is the same as you won't be plowing during the summer. Now, you can also indicate another business, such as landscaping, for the summer months. Since the risk for landscaping is less than plowing snow, the rate will be lower. So, you paying half of each rate.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Make sure hes is quoting "General Liability" with "Completed Operations". Most insurance agents aren't up to speed with the needs of snow plowing insurance.

·
Registered
526 Posts
David..
I also have Nationwide. The insurance is with them, not a thrid party. The did say though that they will not provide a snow only policy. I need to get a policy that covers Landscaping in the summer and Snow in the winter, even though I don't do landscaping.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts