Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all. This is my first post and I have a question regarding my Meyer plow on my 96 Dodge Ram 2500. I needed to replace the battery in the truck and when I went to start the truck, all it did was crank and crank and crank and I’m afraid that the critters have gotten up inside there and chewed on my wires. I’m wondering if I can raise the plow if the vehicle won’t start just enough to where I can get a tow strap and use my diesel ram to pull the truck out. I have no way of moving the snowplow and I need to get the truck up on my trailer to take it in for repair. This is the second time that I’ve had wires chewed and I just need to be able to get the truck out enough to where I can get up on a Neath it and see if I can find where they chewed through the wires and if I can’t I have to take it in to the shop that I deal with. I believe that the plow is five years newer than the truck but I’m not totally positive. It is electric hydraulic plow. Thanks advance for any help or suggestions.

·
Registered
123 Posts
You could also just press the up button on the plow, only for a second or 2 to raise it. That shouldn't kill the battery. Or as said, floor jack and adjust the chain.

·
Registered
254 Posts
You replaced the battery, now she don't start, how long has it been sitting? Turn on the key, see if the plow goes up. This should tell you if you have power to the accessory side.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys, thanks for the replies. As I stated before, the engine cranks over but won’t start and I had this problem before and animals get up there and they chew on the wires. The problem is is it’s parked between two other vehicles and the weeds are all overgrown and either side of it and I need to get the plow raised up so I can try to pull it up on my car trailer. It is sitting on gravel. Obviously, I’m going to have to recharge the battery because I ran it down trying to get it to start so the battery is discharged but if I can just get the plow raised up a few inches off the ground, I can take a tow strap and hook up to the truck or possibly even use the winch on my car trailer and pull it up onto the car trailer. Thanks again. This is the reason why I wanted to get my steel building put up, but finances say differently.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts