Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that have '07-'10 HD pick-ups (maybe the '11-'13's are the same), where is your plow control module mounted? My battery is mounted on the passengers side, just ahead of the firewall. My module is mounted upside down on the underside of the brace just above the battery. I was looking to stuff a group 24F battery in there and it's not going to clear the control module. It's secured to the brace with a wire tie, which can be cut very easily. Can I flip the module over on that brace without the hood crushing it when closed? Is there any other reason that I shouldn't do that?
Thanks,
Adam.

·
LetsTalkSnow.com - Travel & Bar Consultant
2,029 Posts
Your gonna find battery choices for the gmt-900s are limited and quite
$pendy! Esp. if your going to go to a bigger battery size.
The gmt-900 battery is a "special" limited size and odd top post positions along with limited installation space so its a odd duck!

There is a similar discussion on one of the GM truck forums where a member
or 2 poo-pooed my observations and comments with another member about
purchasing and replacing their existing battery with a larger size/group battery.

UNTILL they searched and googled and found that my comments were
CORRECT and they ate their crow to boot! LOL!:D

Been there and done that with the oddball battery in the gmt-900!

Good luck and test fit/check battery post positions and measure before you purchase!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually got the Interstate Mega-Tron Plus group 24F in there, it fit without modification. The metal hold down tangs on the bottom of the battery don't quite the fit the group 24F perfectly, but it fits well enough to where the battery doesn't go anywhere. For those of you who are sick and tired of trying to find group 48 batteries and the extra cost to get them, don't be afraid to buy and install a 24F.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Perfection in getting the group 24F in there is actually only a couple of dremel tool cuts of the hold down tangs away. Maybe 3/8" off the outside of each tang, if perfection is important to you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts