Snowplow Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
I wish Arctic offered an 8' pull plow, I'd probably purchase one from the states. I like the parallel lift also.

The only thing I don't like about the Daniels is the lift design.

But all in all I'd have have to say that Ebling back blades are king of the hill. I'm trying to get a 14' model sent my way for next season if the funds are there. If not I'll have to settle for an Arctic or Daniels from the US, I'd never pay the Canadian asking price, just to high for my taste.

But I can't understand why not many people use pull plows, it's just a no brainer.

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
The Arctic is a great design, and holds up well to hard commercial use. I have had quite a few that outlasted the truck, and were swapped to a new truck. The lifting mechanism is strong enough to support extra width, which can be easily added with a little cutting and welding. :wink

Running a urethane edge with prevent damage to the drive, with a little loss of scraping ability.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yes Landgreen i used it twice but both times was on a 2'' snowfall.There was really not much dif in the time it took from when i use to backdrag them with the front blade.Here is the thing tho it was a 2" snow so as you know 2" comes off easily using either method pull plow or front plow.The wear and tear on the truck and driver was greatly redused with the pull plow and i liked the way it cleaned the drives.I am sure the more i use it the faster i will get.I loved it i think the daniels 8' pull plow was a great addtion to my business.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Yes Landgreen i used it twice but both times was on a 2'' snowfall.There was really not much dif in the time it took from when i use to backdrag them with the front blade.Here is the thing tho it was a 2" snow so as you know 2" comes off easily using either method pull plow or front plow.The wear and tear on the truck and driver was greatly redused with the pull plow and i liked the way it cleaned the drives.I am sure the more i use it the faster i will get.I loved it i think the daniels 8' pull plow was a great addtion to my business.
Have you increased the number of drives you are clearing and what are you using for a front blade?

IMO I think the time saved with a pull plow also takes away some of the stress put on the transmission unless your using a 16' model (or maybe not). Just think what a tranny rebuild would cost nowaday's would pretty much pay for the pull plow.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I Have 76 drives that i do and i hope to grow to 100 this year.I have a 8' meyer on the front of my 95 f250 which has the pull plow on it.I bought a 08 f250 this spring which has a 7'6" western.I hope to put a blizzard 810 pp on it and maybe another pull plow.I am just waiting to see if i can drum up some more business over the summer to pull the trigger on the blizzard and pull plow.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts