Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you with pro wings on your plows, do you have markers installed?

I bought a set of markers from tractor supply co. They were like $12 I think, they flex, and I added some reflective tape to the end. I'm not sure what the best way to mount them is because of the angle, but I just put mine at a slight angle. I think it turned out pretty well.

Also, does anyone use reflective tape on your plows or wings for added safety? I added some to the front and back of my wings. Two silver strips on the the front and two red strips on the back. I just used the silver/red strips that they use on trailers.

Now for the pictures.

Front:

Attachments

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Backside

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
looks good, I just had my pro wings mounted last friday. The shop took my western markers off the plow and mounted them on the wings. Next time I use the plow I'll snap a photo.

Let me know how the reflective tape works out

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I just put the plow markers at an agle outward toward where the wings are, instead of straight up like normally.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I mounted mine simlarly, but more straight up. However, I found that I have a little trouble seeing them on the passenger side. I'm making a pair of 36" long neon orange ones. I'm gonna pickup some reflective tape too, it seems like a good idea.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
John did you find material to make those neon makers ? If so where could i find it to make some for my wings?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I didn't find orange, but I found black irrigation pipe (1/2" ID), some reflective tape and some paint if nothing else. I figured the fisher blade guides are black with yellow tops, so I could make these black if they had to be. I decided to paint them with the flourescent paint that I found at Lowe's. I'm sure the paint will come off or scratch, but at least they start out orange, and with the reflective tape, they might stay visisble to me and others.

·
Registered
128 Posts
In the instructions that came with the set I got the other day, they show putting the marker at an angle. Run a yard stick or similar straight-edge up along the out side edge of the rubber and angle the marker so the tip contacts the same edge.

From other posts, it sounds like some get better installation instructions than others...lol

·
Registered
227 Posts
I put a set of the long Western hvy duty guides on my wings. Im going to add a set of the short matching western guides on the plow so that I can see where the blades at without the wings. And because I think it would look sweet.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Lets see if i can post a pic instead of a link ........

Attachments

·
Registered
227 Posts
We did add reflective tape to the front and the back side of the wings. I had some DOT tape leftover from my landscape trailer and I noticed that in traffic pepole were acting like they didnt see the wings. I dont have any pics of the tape on the back side , I will snap a few pics later. My fiance' put all the DOT tape on. I think it looks sharp.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts