Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2 year old pro flow 2 on one of our smaller trucks. It always gets cleaned out after use and I usually grease the appropriate fittings 2-3 times a winter, and I always grease them before I put it away for the summer. ( I use a blue grease that is designed for low temps) Problem ... I hooked it up today, and the 2 pillow blocks on the belt side were froze up,and would not turn. Am I doing something wrong? Is there something I am missing or should be doing and I'm not? Please let me know?

Thanks
Rick

·
Registered
905 Posts
Are the seals for the bearings on the pillow blocks ripped or tore,i had that problem last year,still need to replace those.

·
Registered
413 Posts
My recommendation would be to grease the pillow blocks after each washing. No such thing as too much grease. The other thing that may hang up on that unit is the idler pulley. There is no way to grease the bearings and they may seize which means the drive shaft is spinning but you're not getting the belts to turn the conveyor. Spray/lube the idler pulley regularly as well. Or replace it.

Each component in the spreader may turn or be somewhat loose, but combined if each one is starting to apply a little pressure due to friction, the combination of all the parts together may be keeping your conveyor from moving.

You can buy all the parts from J Thomas. I went through and replaced all of them after one year. Ran like a dream after I did it. Belts too. For $175 it wasn't worth my aggrevation - you might just consider going through and replacing the three pillow bock bearings, idler pulley, belts, and the other couple of doo dads under the hood.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Check the idler pulley like Lawn Lad suggested, I had the same symptoms with my Pro-Flo 2 and that was the problem.

Chuck B.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts