Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the price (range) is for an 810 installed.
Any what are the chances of finding one in my area, southeast michigan. Would it be worth installing it myself?
Thanx

·
Registered
357 Posts
Out here, it was 4800 installed. 4500 if you do it yourself, it isn't hard at all. Go to www.blizzardplows.com and do a dealer inquiry. You should be able to find one, there are lots of dealers in Michigan.

·
Registered
17 Posts
This is what I've got.

Blizzard sent me a flyer with all their prices on it after I had contacted then inquiring about a new blizzard.

680LT straight blade installed for $2295.00
700LT & 760LT straight Blades $2395.00 installed
760 & 800 straight blades $2495.00 installed
810 power plow $3595.00 installed
8611 powerplow $4295.00 installed

These are current retail prices according to blizzard & I just got this a week or 2 ago.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Crimedog,

How long have you had that blizzard?

I have personally called the blizzard dealer in Grand Rapids, MN & Detroit Lakes, MN (closest dealers to me) and was told the same price of $3595.00 installed for the 810.

Maybe I should send this flyer to you & perhaps you can get some of your money back.

·
Registered
357 Posts
omg :eek: :mad: :rolleyes: I hope you're kidding:headwall We got it a few months ago, from a dealer in Minneapolis. I wonder why that price is the way it is? Before, people were posting prices around mine, but that's darn near 1000 dollars difference! Maybe they're so cheap right now because you can't find them anywhere (none at the factory). Ugh:rolleyes:

·
Registered
17 Posts
It could also be cheap because they figure the season has already started and they are trying to get rid of inventory, but the dealer in Detroit Lakes told me that it would take about a week to get it in.

I was rather surprised about their prices though, they had everyone beat by far. They even beat Western by $1400.00.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Parks 911

those prices are incorrect

680 $ 2,895.00

700lt 2,995.00

760lt 2,995.00

800 3,095.00

810 4,395.00

810ss 4,095.00

8611 4,995.00

8611ss 4,495.00

prices are not intstalled thats retail prices

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just got back from the dealer. They have 1 new plow left (810) and they said $4490 for the install. They said the install would take at least one day. Thats a long time I think. Oh well.

·
LetsTalkSnow.com - Moderator
4,902 Posts
That sounds like a fair price, and the install time is not out of line either for one man. I wouldn't think about it too long if you want one, they won't be available again until Spring.

·
Banned
1,279 Posts
Snowtime,

Are you saying that if I have the price sheet from Blizzard in the promo packet they sent me that those are the incorrect prices???? How can that be???

Once again something does not seems right with the GREATNESS of Blizzard. I continue to read about people raving about this plow. Even Pelican stated the newest plow he has he pick up with "all the upgrades and than some". Why does it need upgrades??

When I buy a Western plow it is what it is. I can understand a difference in price between a elec/hyd v. a full hyd. but why produce soemthing as simple as a plow and then tack on upgrade. This is not a car, truck, boat, or even a house that is being offered to such a diverse market that is should require upgrades and more.

The more I hear about buying one of this plows and the availability I am starting to see a trend. Several post about this dealer has two 810 left, or that dealer has 1 8611 left get them while you can. But than I see guys saying there dealer said it will take a week to get one in. WHY???? Either the plows have already been shiped to the dealer for the season or they have not. :rolleyes:

One question that leaves me wondering about this product is.... If there is a limited supply of these plows due to the manifold production, how do I know there is availability of parts? Are replacement parts also only manfactured in set quantites? If so how does Blizzard foecast the failure rate of the pasts??

Again, let me CLEARLY state that I do like the applications for the Blizzard plows and I am seriously considering the purchase of two if not three of them (2-810 & 1 -8611). However, as I watch what people are saying about Blizzard as a company is starting to look alot like an actual BLIZZARD of misinformation or a very carefully thoughout out marking plan or both tactfully being deployed at that same time. As I watch this two other companies come to mind ENRON and WORLDCOM.

Pelican, I know you are going to tell me to call and talk to Jerre directly, but is that the only way to get creditable information from a national product line?

Anyone looking to invest, and that what you are actually doing when you acquire equipment for a business, and not just going out and puting a plow on the ole' pickem up truck, should be considing ALL of what is being said not just the things that make them feel good about the choice they have made or are going to make.

I readily admitt that maybe I did not do all my homework when looking at the MVP but I sure do remember reading hours upon hours of threads about how GREAT this V plow was only to now find people saying V's are not so great.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Snowtime said:
Parks 911

those prices are incorrect

680 $ 2,895.00

700lt 2,995.00

760lt 2,995.00

800 3,095.00

810 4,395.00

810ss 4,095.00

8611 4,995.00

8611ss 4,495.00

prices are not intstalled thats retail prices
The price list that I have from Blizzard (and I just got it a couple weeks ago for inquiring about info) states the retail prices that I posted & I had called 2 dealers close to me & had the cost of a 810 verified & matched.

Right across the top of that flyer it also says free intallation.

I also have the same information from BOSS & Western, but their prices are much higher & no mention of installation costs.

Perhaps dealers in your area are marking things up thinking that you don't know where to go and get informed! I'm not going to get myself ripped off because of my preference or stupidity not to shop around and get the information that I may need.

·
Banned
1,279 Posts
Parks911,

Almost make you wonder why you are getting your information that is verified and others are getting higher prices. Maybe it has something to due with the LIMITED supply.

I called a local dealer while watching this thread, these is what I got.

installed not including tax:

810 $4395.00 and has one left.

8611 $5020.00 has none will not have more till spring.

Funny how he also started out saying he could get a 8611 in two weeks but had installed several 810's. Than the stroy changed. Reguardless funny how the installed price I got was exactly the same as the not installed price Snowtime listed.

Seems like maybe a little price fixing going on at the dealer level. I bet if you walked into the dealer with the price sheet listing the 810 for 3600.00 with free install, they would not be able to get you a 810 until the year 2010, in the spring of course.
:shades seems shady.

·
Registered
357 Posts
The part that says order your Blizzard plow today and save, maybe this means order one for next spring and save? It makes sense, because thay way they have definite orders placed, and they can better estimate the number of plows to make, and not worry about dealers taking a hit on them? Almost like pre pay...
Just a thought

·
LetsTalkSnow.com - Moderator
4,902 Posts
Wow!!!!

Talk about being cynical!!!

Blizzard I believe is in their 5th season. A new company to the snow industry by any measure. I can't believe someone would belittle a manufacturer for improving their product as they obtain data from field use and feedback from customers.

I paid $4200 for my 810 2 years ago, I installed it myself. The offer listed in your flyer seems like a great deal, yet your unhappy? (By the way, your link doesn't work)

IF YOU DON"T LIKE THE BLIZZARD, DON"T BUY THE FREEKIN' THING!

Next time I find a product that increases my work production, I'll keep it to myself!!!

·
Banned
1,279 Posts
Pelican,

I thought you said you like open discussions and good debates that get people thinking and talking?

No reason to take this personal. Just because you have had good results from this product does not mean it WILL and MUST be the right plow for everyone. I am sure that you are reporting the performance of this product as you have experienced it first hand. Just as you would be reporting if the product was not performing as you expected.

I have watched as Blizzard owners seem to attack like a swarm of killer bees when evey ANYONE offers up ANY information not favoring this product. The thread from Urethane Dino comes to mind, just read it. There was another thread where Ratlover questioned the trip action while in a scoop position and that too was pounced on. Seemed like he had a good question.

I have even gone as far as calling Canada just to talking to a real person about how great this plow is when compared to other plows that person it actaully using in service in quanity for several years.

"I can't believe someone would belittle a manufacturer for improving their product as they obtain data from field use and feedback from customers."

Two things here stick out, 1st, a product line should be throughly tested reducing the need for the manfacture to continue to improve the product AFTER it has already been placed into production. The customer should not be the testing platform. 2nd, gathering all the data, (good and bad) and discussing it in an open public forum is not an attempt to belittle but an attempt to quantify what issue are systemic and which are isolated.

I do recall early posts when you 1st put your dump truck into service about the heavy duty plow you put on that truck and how great is was while you posted picture after picture (on the other site). Now that you have your money behind a new product it seem like you refuse to accept any feedback that differs from yours.

Why has not one person talked about the Blizzard plow that failed after only 30mins of operation, and even after the dealer replaced the plow the same day, the replacement plow failed just a few hours later? Or does this fall under the we should not say ANYTHING bad about sponsors act.

Keep in mind my interests here are only supported by wanting to be sure spending $15,000.00 will be in a way that is fiscally responsible for my company. Anything different would would just be plan stupid.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yesterday our neighbor started his process to sign on as a new Blizzard dealer. I think he said the 810 model is 4400 or so nad I don't remember what the 8611 will be. He was also told as he signs on, it is for next season 04/05. There is nothing available for him to start now.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.