Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you guys run a poly v? If so can you tell me how well it has held up for you, and if you have found any weaknesses? I was looking one over last week, and it looks like Boss built it up pretty strong, but I really would like an opinion from the pro's. Thanks for any help that you can give me.

·
Registered
79 Posts
MATTG, Hi, I'm Jon!:D Yes, i do have a BOSS poly V, and it is every bit as strong as steel and a great blade!I will always buy poly. They really don't show the scratches and stuff on them or rust like the all-steel blades do. In regards to BOSS, I think they are one of the top blades on the market. Western is very good as well, but i like BOSS, because you don't have to carry a warehouse of parts to fix it when it breaks down. :headwall
Blizzard, (don't get me started) The guys running them here like them, but the wings freeze up, and it is BIG and VERY BULKY! Boss is and ALWAYS will be my first choice! :burnout

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input, I greatly appreciate it. After what I've heard here, and from what I've heard from Boss owners around here, I'll be going with the poly v for certain. I've only heard one negative so far, and that was from a guy who said that the cold weather we've been getting caused his moldboard to crack under a load. I've heard how this guy operates before and everyone else thinks that it's a wonder that he hasn't ripped the sub-frame off yet. If you've anything about this type of damage before let me know, but as I said it doesn't sound like the plow is to blame. Thanks again for the help and a big thank you to Chuck Smith for making this forum available to those who need questions answered by those who know.:salute :salute :salute :salute

·
Registered
48 Posts
mattg ,
Go with a 9'2" V if you have a HD Ford or Dodge they can handle it fine and you'll save more time . Time is $$$ .Chevy go with8'2" Ford and Dodge have solid front axles. When you pull the wings back it takes more wieght off the front of the truck.

My new Dodge 2500 handles my 9'2" like it's nothing and saved so much time.

Good luck' Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts