Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not enough to plow but at least they can all sand this morning. Maybe more snow next time. Ma/Ct state lines area.

·
Registered
359 Posts
i got to plow a little and sand a lot this morning. it was a good change of pace. sanded all the lots this morning, and then went back and cleaned up the walks and plowed the slush off. got about an inch and a half.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
state plowed all the entrances/exits here on 84, and tons of calcium. About an inch we got.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
The prediction was and still is for less than 1" of snow turning to rain by this afternoon (it's now 4:30). So far we've got 3" and still falling. But they're still saying less than 1":confused: .

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
It cant be true !!!
I think I heard the weatherman forecast snow for northeast Il. this sunday????? I must be dreaming. I think they said we may get 3- 6 of the white stuff. Oh well better get back to bed before I wake up and realize Im just dreaming.
Todd

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
If the long range outlooks are correct, they show it getting pretty darn cold in about 5 days for the northeast.Lows in the teens maybe single digits some nights and i counted three possible snow events but that always changes.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm wainting fo r all this rain to stop myself. I always figure with this over abundance of rain, then a super deep freeeze, how may could possibly have broken water pipes from their wells and other things that could go wrong. The old farmers always said, snow and insulator and poor mans fertilzer.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SLC1,
I agree that anything billable when in business starts the new year off in the right direction. Since leaving the highway dept, sand/salt,, I am no longer involved in. Still do a school, several banks and other business' in Sturbridge, that is of cousre, it it snows anything over 4"

·
Registered
526 Posts
Snowed pretty good here for a short time this morning, got about 1/2 inch in the spots the sun doesn't usually hit. As soon as it stopped it melted off. Started about 6, gone by 10 !

·
Registered
85 Posts
We might be getting some plowable or saltable weather tonight, if the weather guys are right!!:D

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I got to sneak up to Vermont Thursday & Friday for some snowboarding. Woke up Friday AM to some snow. I felt bad for my truck as I warmed it up & brushed the snow off, I think she felt like she was gonna get to plowing! Poor thing had to sit & watch me have fun playing in the snow, instead of playing in it. It was nice to at least watch some plowers out salting at least, and got to see a big state truck with wing clearing a road too. Seemed like they got 3"-4" in the valley and around 2" on the mountain before it changed to a light rain\ice\sleet\mist combo for a few hours. Then it got foggy on the mountain, but thankfully was not foggy down below for the ride home.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts