Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question for you guys who plow with suped up diesels. i have a 2500HD duramax and have a power edge juice on it. i usually been taking the box out before a storm comes because im afraid the constant shifting between park and drive will effect how the box is set. to check what power level you are in, you go "reverse, neutral, reverse, park" and it will pulse what level you are in. does anybody else plow with a performance box on. is it too much power, or do you turn it down to a certain power level? any info appreciated.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Matt,

I'm not sure how the box on the Dmax works and acts, so I can't help you there;)

I have a flip chip with 3 settings, Stock, 75hp, and 140+hp. Last year I had a set of 375hp injectors in over the winter and plowed in the stock setting of the chip. Anything else would have been difficult because of the very quick throttle response. It did well with the bigger injectors because it had great power and the throttle response wasn't to "touchy". Those injectors are gettin tweaked right now so I have the stock ones in. I will probably plow in 75hp because I can barely drive the truck in "stock" form LOL!!!

Funny story:p , The 375hp injectors used to smoke quite a bit, even under light throttle but especially when under load. A guy I plow with use to call me "Pig Pen" because I had this black cloud around me all the time!! LOL!!:burnout :smokin

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya.....i hate going back to stock settings, but im afraid with the great throttle response with the box on, that ill be spinning all 4 quite a bit:D anybody else with the power edge in have any comments.

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Can't help you on the Duramax thing either,but...

I don't run insane power levels in the winter,but it's still hopped up.Probably 350-400 HP.I try to dial in the power to it isn't to touchy,otherwise it will light the tires before you can get out of it to prevent it from spinning.It is nice to have the extra power if you can find the traction.Straightblading with a 12 foot plow takes a huge amount of HP to do :D

So,if you can dial out some of the pre boost fuel,it should be easier to plow with.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
mdb,i know what you mean.i would just run the box and go easy. I have put in a few edg boxes,and now we run the bully box only because of the in cab adjustablity,in 1 sec you can go from stock,to 70hp,to 110hp gain. I fee the bully box is much smoother than the edge also,but i think the standard edge 90hp box out performs the 110hp bullybox. with my dodge i usually leave the box off,i can add 200hp at the touch if a button.Alsoi can add/subtract low speed(off boost)fuel to keep throttle response normal yet have big power gains once you get a few psi of boost.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok...i was waiting for your post john, cause i knew youd know something about the subject. i think im just gonna turn the power down to the 25hp gain level, and if anything fishy starts happening, ill just pop the hood and take the box out. we'll find out how it works tomorrow night. thanks for the help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts