Snowplow Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
all the 4x4 's in Ontario are Mitsubishi's, seem to be right in line with the price of Chev/GMC/Isuzu and the Hinos.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Has anybody heard about Isuzu having problems in the United States? One of the guy's at work was telling me something about them having some type of problem. Maybe financial or something due to the fact that they have other manufactures build certain vehicles.

My brother-in-law runs an insulation division of our business. His last four box trucks were Isuzu. He just purchased a new Mitsubishi box truck three months ago. He said that all of the good people at the Isuzu dealership were gone and that things over there just didn't seem the same. Last month I drove by that peticular dealership and found that it was closed up. Go figure.

Jake

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
Well considering the fact that Isuzu is a GM company id say yes they are having trouble in the US right now. One of the main reasons that GM has passed their employee pricing on to the public is due to extremely low truck sales this year to date. So I would assume the Isuzu nameplate is suffering equally as much...

Jay

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
Rowe Ford/Mitsubishi in Westbrook Maine has or had a 2004 4x4 with a back-pack toolbox and 9' dump. Sweet little truck, but had a Boss V. Wasn't too impressed with the boss on it. Tried it out last winter. Still was sitting on the lot a few weeks ago. The 4x4's only come in standard tranny, which is why I suspect it's been there for the last year.

Visability wasn't as good as I thought it would be. Price started at 44,900 and was down to 39,900 last I heard. Might have to talk to them again, especially considering fuel cost this winter, might make an efficient little plow rig. Anyone want a Boss V? After pricing the GMC 5500 at $55,000 with body and live hydraulics sans plow, that Mitz looks pretty good. Put a Blizzard on it and would be a nice rig.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
snowplowjay said:
Well considering the fact that Isuzu is a GM company id say yes they are having trouble in the US right now. One of the main reasons that GM has passed their employee pricing on to the public is due to extremely low truck sales this year to date. So I would assume the Isuzu nameplate is suffering equally as much...

Jay
truck sales were never the problem it it overhead. Between over paid former execs with huge pensions and rising heath care cost no one seemed to be looking at the ten year mark down the road and now the company is paying the price.

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Joey D said:
truck sales were never the problem it it overhead. Between over paid former execs with huge pensions and rising heath care cost no one seemed to be looking at the ten year mark down the road and now the company is paying the price.
Not to get to far off the subject but my town is so worried about pentions and health care .It's getting to the point of every one get your own health and provide for your own retirement like every one else has to .

·
Registered
392 Posts
I have a 94 Isuzu and I put a 8.5 western on it. We don't get much snow around here. And we don't have any hilly areas, all flat. But it did fine with 2 tons in the back. I only plowed 6" with it. I must say the veiw is alot better than a regular pickup truck. I didn't notice any slippage from the front end when turning or anything. The truck held the plow pretty well too. Just my 2 cents. I too was concerned about putting one on it but figured why not try, if not, put the plow on something else. turned out to be alright.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 94 Isuzu and I put a 8.5 western on it. We don't get much snow around here. And we don't have any hilly areas, all flat. But it did fine with 2 tons in the back. I only plowed 6" with it. I must say the veiw is alot better than a regular pickup truck. I didn't notice any slippage from the front end when turning or anything. The truck held the plow pretty well too. Just my 2 cents. I too was concerned about putting one on it but figured why not try, if not, put the plow on something else. turned out to be alright.
I would love to see a pic o that, I have a NPR 2wd and from what I have learned a plow costs more than the truck is worth..

:popcorn2

·
Registered
392 Posts
Lets see if I can do it... sometimes my pics are too big....

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
i used my mitusu****ty 2 wd for 5 years great when loaded with salt sucked when empty it was a slow trip back to the material pile. my friend has the 4 wd he loves it i hate stick. Its great you are on top of the blade great vision not a lot of power hope you dont get alot of heavy wet snow

·
Registered
86 Posts
I run a 9' snoway on my npr, i run good rubber and lots of weight in the dump body. The truck plows great with no 4WD!

·
Registered
86 Posts
4 WD is not the way to go in a cabover! Take a look at the specs and see how much payload you sacrifice when you go to the split front axle!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Dzl jim npr?

The NPRs are only 2wd if you what 4X4. The Mitsubishi FG is the only game in town for cabovers that are factory in that class truck.The truck is an animal geared low 5.13 ring pinion, 5 speed with exhaust brake 4 cylinder diesel. We run a BOSS 9'XT in 2wd with 2yards of sand, engage 4wd drive and its unstoppable IMO. Only downfall is the truck is not really Highway friendly max speed 68mph @ redline, truck could use a 6 speed.14k gvw

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have no problem with the 2wd, i run real good rubber and ample weight in the dump body. When i start to feel any traction loss i engage the downpressure on my plow! I would rather mop the floors at a peep show than plow with a standard transmission!

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
I would rather mop the floors at a peep show than plow with a standard transmission!
LOL!!!

I have to say that power control wise you can't beat plowing with a Standard Tranny. Storm duration wise it does become tiresome and monotonous on the operator. I still don't mind it when I run the standard truck that Billy has.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 94 Isuzu and I put a 8.5 western on it. We don't get much snow around here. And we don't have any hilly areas, all flat. But it did fine with 2 tons in the back. I only plowed 6" with it. I must say the veiw is alot better than a regular pickup truck. I didn't notice any slippage from the front end when turning or anything. The truck held the plow pretty well too. Just my 2 cents. I too was concerned about putting one on it but figured
why not try, if not, put the plow on something else. turned out to be alright.
Lets see if I can do it... sometimes my pics are too big....
I know this post is old...I've imported a 94 Isuzu NKS elf (4x4) from Japan. I want to install a plow on it for the winter months up here in the Mountains of British Columbia.
I was wondering what mount you used or did you have to fabricate one,,(and if you did, do you have pics/design)

21 - 37 of 37 Posts