Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 26 series on a 2014 F150. Last year, the plow stopped raising fully. A couple inches shy of full height. I changed the oil and no change. Everything looks ok and the plow operates properly. I can’t get the emergency collar on the shaft because it won’t raise quite high enough. I used a floor jack and a piece of 4x4 and jacked it up as high as it would go. I still couldn’t get the collar on the shaft. So, I’m thinking it’s not a hydraulic issue. Something mechanical maybe? Anything I can check before bringing it to the shop? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I have a 26 series on a 2014 F150. Last year, the plow stopped raising fully. A couple inches shy of full height. I changed the oil and no change. Everything looks ok and the plow operates properly. I can’t get the emergency collar on the shaft because it won’t raise quite high enough. I used a floor jack and a piece of 4x4 and jacked it up as high as it would go. I still couldn’t get the collar on the shaft. So, I’m thinking it’s not a hydraulic issue. Something mechanical maybe? Anything I can check before bringing it to the shop? Thanks!
I would disconnect the lift cylinder from the plow frame completely and see if it fully extends under no load. It might be bent or binding.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, unbolt it from the framework and it will pull out by hand? How do I know if it is coming out all the way? Is there a measurement? How do I measure? Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
So, unbolt it from the framework and it will pull out by hand? How do I know if it is coming out all the way? Is there a measurement? How do I measure? Thanks for any info!

You will need to call a dealer/tech support to find out that length of the cylinder when fully extended.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts