Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about a set of wings for my meyer plow. Anyone use them? Do they really save time and work well?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Yes they do help alot. Esp. when you do parking lots. The only thing better would be a blizzard plow or a pusher box.

Attachments

·
Registered
610 Posts
ups just delivered a set for my c-8
painted them to match the plow
ill let you know how the install went
try rcpw.com on sale$159.95
JOHN

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Yes I agree as well. I cut 15 minutes off of a 45 minute job with the 7.5 Western with pro-wings,plowing a parking lot.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Hey John,
Glad to hear you were able to get in on the sale price. Congrats & have fun with the new accessory.

·
Registered
610 Posts
thanks for the info
you saved me:cash :cash :cash :cash
john

·
Registered
610 Posts
got my wings on
there as good as advertised
only slight problem i had is if
the plow is angled all the the
pump is slow lifting with the
wings on only
if i straighten the blade its better
can i turn up the pump pressure?
john

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm not 100% sure but i think you can adjust the pressure. I think. Someone else will have to tell you how though.

Just so you know. We have been running Meyers for years with the Pro Wings. We ended up welding ours on. We also use either 5/8 or 1 inch cutting edges. Our pumps (E-47 or E-60) have no problem lifting or angleing.

If you think about it, the weight really is no more than if you had a but load of wet, packed snow stuck to your blade. These things are great if you are doing parking lots and drives but tend to suck a bit on roads. The wings just decrease the blades ability to roll the snow off the edges as well. They work, but just not as well.

:cash

·
Registered
569 Posts
One of my plows is a C-8 with pro-wings. Definately cuts down time versus just a straight blade. The mounting brackets are welded on, but not the wings themselves. They are still removable in case you're maybe doing several driveways and don't need/want them on.

Bottom line - buy 'em.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Put mine on yesterday and plowed 2in with them last night......................LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!! a must for stright bladers. Took some pics need to get some "action" pics

Attachments

·
Registered
701 Posts
I have a quick question anybody know why ProWings aren't recommended for the Meyer 2 meter plows and anybody know where I could get wings to fit it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well i got my wings. Put them on just before we got a 8 inch plus snow storm. Thet are awesome. I was able to move way more snow. Im sold on them!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts