Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After my first plow of the season, I think that power scoops or turkey wings would make my life a whole lot easier. My question is, has any one built their own wings of this type. I really do not want to part with $300.00 at this time.

I would like to build my own. I have the metal, tools, welder, and creativity. My pro-plus has plenty of mounting options with pre drilled holes, 3/4" on the sides, and some brackets on the back. I saw some power scoops on a plow and they are a very simple design. I just don't know how thick I should make the rubber on the bottom, and also where to get rubber in such a small quantity.

I also am not sure on the dimensions I should make them. How long should I make them? I am going to make them out of thinner metal at first, I want them to bend if I hit something, not the plow. Any advice good or bad welcome.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Do a search for "wings" in the Snowplowing forum. In one of those threads a few pics of different members' homemade wings were posted. Go to one of the online suppliers sites & look at the detailed pictures of wings there for ideas also. One of them sells replacement parts for their brand of wings, so you could buy just the rubber parts from them (i think that one is J-Thomas, can't remember what the brand name of their wings is). Or even better, buy polyurethane to use for the rubber, so you won't have to deal with the folding back & memory of said folding back, and having to replace it as much. I got my urethane from a member here & you could PM him about getting some if you are interested. He is "urethane dino", and there are other brands & members here that sell urethane products as well. Good luck with the project.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts