Snowplow Forums banner

When away from vehicle, do you leave plow up or down?

• I leave it up.

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • I put it down.

Votes: 251 90.0%
  • Sometimes up, sometimes down.

Votes: 26 9.3%
61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
It's just habit to put 'er down. The upper ball joints will thank you. Plus it's always fun to drop her hard when there's women folk around. Ya oughta' see 'em jump!
- TC

·
Registered
238 Posts
moose__72 said:
Another way to look at the reason for lowering the plow is the electrical systems. As we all now, water and salt doesn't play well with electrical systems and I've learned that if something can go wrong, I usually does is the worst possible time.
What would the electrical system have to do with anything? When the plow is up and just hanging there, there is nothing electrical about it. Just the hydraulics.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Mowerpan said:
What would the electrical system have to do with anything? When the plow is up and just hanging there, there is nothing electrical about it. Just the hydraulics.
Correct. But the electrical system starts the action. Salt water is a conductor, and if salt water gets in a connector and bridges the connection normally made by the plow controller, then that plow can come down with nobody controlling it.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Why does this thread keep showing as having a new post? Is it only me?

·
Registered
205 Posts
AAhhhhh, guess it makes sense. :nodd

·
Registered
37 Posts
I voted a few weeks ago as always puting it down. But after I rad some of the threads I thought it would make sense to leave it up if I was only out of the truck for less than two minutes. SO I tried it once, but the whole time thiis image kept popping into my head of some kid walkin gby, and getting his foot chopped off. omg Guess I'll just have to spend the time to drop it.

·
Registered
668 Posts
It's like going to the bathroom when the job is big. Drop the pants or there will be an accident. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
At last, someone mentioned the "prolonged" increased hydraulic pressure!! My question was looking for any problems from leaving it "UP" overnight or longer and causing seal or pump issues. Not common safety.............:) TJK

·
Registered
468 Posts
At last, someone mentioned the "prolonged" increased hydraulic pressure!! My question was looking for any problems from leaving it "UP" overnight or longer and causing seal or pump issues. Not common safety.............:) TJK
By "at last", do you mean back in 2005?

·
Registered
2 Posts
You got to be kidding, :) I thought this was a serious site.....Then again we really need some hummer these days....So long Snowplow Forum.....

·
Super Moderator
862 Posts
You got to be kidding, :) I thought this was a serious site.....Then again we really need some hummer these days....So long Snowplow Forum.....
We gave you all of the answers so did the folks who answered your question years ago

then you came back to us with some thing about the PSI increasing in it because it’s up in the air and we told you that can’t be the factor and then you don’t like the rest of the replies because you weren’t giving us any info or listening to anyone.

Will only get out what you put in,

Yeah we were joking around with each other a little bit at your expense, you’re free to rip back on us too .
I guess ,sorry for assuming that you had thick enough skin to figure that out.
👨‍🔧

61 - 80 of 87 Posts