Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced the solenoid on my MM1. The valves click when I move the joystick up/down/left/right but no movement in the plow. I jumped the solenoid to check the pump motor and without moving the joystick the pump motor engaged and the plow angled to the left and stayed there and the motor didn't disengage until i disconnected the jumper cables. Any ideas?

·
Registered
6 Posts
what did you find out. I have a MM2 with the same issues. starting acting up now it wont move so had to drop it where I was as I was not able to "reset" it and get it to go back up to get it home. when I press Controller it just Clicks. until I unplug power to it.

Thank you sir.

·
Registered
6 Posts
what did you find out. I have a MM2 with the same issues. starting acting up now it wont move so had to drop it where I was as I was not able to "reset" it and get it to go back up to get it home. when I press Controller it just Clicks. until I unplug power to it.

Thank you sir.
I know an old post but maybe OP still around and can respond with what he found. Sorry to revive and piggy back on a super old post.

·
Super Moderator
862 Posts
Dot you wire up the solenoid corectaly?

A lot of folks forget a ground wire.

Can you post a pic of your solenoidso we can diagnose the issue?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dot you wire up the solenoid corectaly?

A lot of folks forget a ground wire.

Can you post a pic of your solenoidso we can diagnose the issue?
All is original factory configuration. I have not messed or changed anything. I plan to clean connections and try to jump it tomorrow am to see if the relay is toast or what??

IN my research I came across the relay and it does sound like a solnoid clicking so Im guessing that is where I will start. I will report back here regardless so everyone nows...as its a sound like a clicking solnoid but didnt know what one or if its a bad connection or shot. I will pay special attention to the ground and ensure its clean and go from there. Thank you sir for your kind response and information.

·
Super Moderator
862 Posts
Relays control the lights

The solenoid controls power to the pump motor

Coils control the valves

Jumping the solenoid only shows that the plow motor works.

A lot of folks say they put all of the wires back where they belong,
But they don’t and it’s common to miss a ground for the solenoid or it’s not grounded.

If all that is good look at your controler.

Ps the new solenoid may need to have aground wire addled
D19F1C17-C393-4198-80B3-5B3D2ECB7212.jpeg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts