Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know what you guys think how long these site's will take to plow. I have figured 5 or 6 hours all the of places but added 2 hours extra pay for back draging and pushing snow to certin location's.

total contract price i estimate $21,000. Canadian Nto includeing salting.

avg snow events 20 salting events 30.

I would like to do it with a bobcat but the rental is killer $8000 for the season.

How long could i do it with a bobcat and a plow 8' or a pusher 10'

pic to folow

Attachments

·
AKA "Iceman"
821 Posts
First things first... find out if that back area needs to be plowed, or if it doesn't. Then you mayhave answered the question by yourself.

Those trailers will need room to manuever and the loading dock has to be cleared to the base of the dock wall.

How high is the fence? and how deep is that ditch?

·
Registered
445 Posts
to go along with what JC said, what type of equipment do you have. Will you be responsable for removing the snow from the property?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Need a little more info, where do you plan on putting your snow stacks, you need to get all the measurement.of the possible snow clear areas

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
You don't need to rent a bobcat for that.A truck will do it easily.The snow out front can be pushed to the far right,and stacked close to the wall.The tractors will need to swing out towards the road side to back up,so keep that clear.Push the rest around the back,and clear out whatever they need for room back there.Always push back a little further in the beginning,so you still have room as the season progresses.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I'm with Chris on this one. I have a property that looks almost identical, except for the field, I do it with one truck, A pusher would be nice, but a set of Pro-wings or Turk-keys would make truck just as effective.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey guys all my pictures ddint get posted i have 5 lots that look like that. The front of them isnt to bad the backs look like they are big. The fence is standard i would say 8'. There is some employee parking these as well. The ditch is deep enough that i can put the snow there. I can also push it out across the street into a dtich lots of room on the opposite side of the rode where i can put the snow. The question is do i want to push it that far and waht hard does it do. I mean we are talking 4 to 500' if not more that it would have to be pushed.

I dont know why all my pics didnt come up in the forum. They spread about...

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I dont want to puch the snow thoru the fence. I have seen what that does the the fence, it gets all bent and what not, i dont need to be spending my money on fixing propertys.

I have no equipment at the moment. I am starting out. I was to young in the past and i would have to pay huge insurance fee's. I still have to pay a huge insurance fee because i am new and havent ran a bussiness before.

·
Registered
473 Posts
You have your work cut out for you how many trucks and what kind of equipment do you have?

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have squat... I own a 96 3/4 ton truck. I was thinking of getting a bobcat to rent for the site, i just cant figure out how to make it profitable with it. Ok if i had that site and a few others sure my overhead would be covred and i could get away with doing these places for less. I am sure i have as much overhead if i invest is the proper equipment as a normal company would always have.

What i mean is they would have what i have my 1st year ongoing if not more.

make any sence ?

·
Banned
1,973 Posts
I wont bid unless I see it in person

That drawing means nothing to me.

How can I visualise the dementions?

There might be a drain that needs to be gone around there etc...

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have seen it i know the obstacles. I am putting it here for you guys to see sinc ei am new and want to bid on it. I want to do it with my truck or a bobcat or find someone who has a bobcat and pay him hourly.

·
Banned
1,973 Posts
Drive over there pretend you are plowing it, time it.

After you have done that, take the time and times it by 175%.

That should get you a better time, then times that by your hourly rate.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Snowboy,
I put all of your threads into one. The reason that happened was you clicked New Thread instead of the Reply Button.

IMO If I were you, I would find a qualified sub to do it; or a friend or other contractor & give these contracts to them to do with the stipulation that they hire you as a sub to help them. This way you can get experience with this kind of work, and then you will be able to determine equipment needs & pricing for your self in the future. These are not easy lots to learn with either. When I started I was a sub for a guy doing these types of lots & it was a great experience, & helped me greatly with getting started on my own. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah the more i think about it, the more i think i should get someone with more knowladge about the biz do it with me.

so draw up a contract with this stateing i would work on site with them ?

So assume i get someone to help me with it and i am a sub should i expect to get more money then a sub since i have found the site as well as know who to contact ?

I might be able to get someone to put in a good word for me about choseing us to get the contract.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts