Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We drove past 2 of our properties today and noticed that the stakes that were installed earlier this week were missing:mad: it was only about 20 or so
MY question is should i replace them or just say forget it.
these 2 place don't require them I just put them out for my own convenience

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Quit wasting money on too short stakes. :D

I never buy them, big winter and they are buried. Cut green whips from the road side and tie on ribbon flags. No one will steal them, make them 6 or 8 ft. high, and they will show up in a big winter.

I carry a roll of flagging tape and a set of long handled loppers. Make'um right there where you need them. Or cut a load out in the country and throw them in the truck bed.

I carry a cabin spike a foot long and a heavy hammer to open up hard gravel.

If they don't cost $$ no one will steal them.

I mark properties I'm bidding on so I don't need to come back. People are delighted and generally hire me.

If they don't (rare) I could go back and cut them down. :D :p

·
Registered
42 Posts
I use 48" fiberglass electric fence post from Tractor Supply. I have only had issues with them disappearing from in town. If they leave, I don't replace. I use them because they are inexpensive and very truck friendly.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Than you all for the responses i guess i should have known better, if it attracts attention someone will take it (SAD)
The one thing that i kept telling myself when i put them out was no one will take em, Not where we live

·
Registered
940 Posts
we had some go missing at an office building. kids walking by to school were stealing them to play sword fight with them... so I coated the two out by the sidewalk with axle grease after I drove them 8" in the ground. they stayed there all winter, had quite a few attempted removals judging on the marks in the grease in the spring.

Sure wish I could see mom's look on her face when her little rug rag came home with axle grease all over his pants after they tried to steal my stakes....

·
Registered
244 Posts
Axle grease, I'll have to make a note of that one. I haven't marked a property in about ten years. Couldn't keep a marker up any where's, even resi's. Were out numbered by thieves I think.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts