Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my other question is I bought a 9 ft unimount for a good price which I plan on cutting down for my 1991 2500 HD 1 ton axles bigger transmission ,cooler etc. should I cut the plow down to 7'6 or 8 ft. What size can the truck handle without to much trouble. thanks Craig

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
craig,dont cut it down,just run it the way it is.Add some ballast to the rear end for pushing traction,and to offest the plwo weight.The 9ft western is only 35 lbs heavier than the 8 ft.My 1500s handles 7.5ft plows with wings,which brought it to 9'2".I dont see you haveing any trouble at all with pushing that blade,unless you dont add weight and try to take a foot at a time,even then,just take less blade,and you wont spill.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the information John Ill try it and see how we make out, it doesn't seem make the front end squat much at all. thanks craig

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Keep the 9ft, I have an 8ft that I bought new last year for my F350, wish I would have gone with an 8 1/2 or 9.

John

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
You can never have enough blade.It may be a little heavy,but with a set of Timbrens and a few turns of the torsion bars,it will manage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts