Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend is asking about a plow for his 2006 tacoma double cab... I told him no....

1/4 mile dirt driveway, 200+ inches of snow, needs the truck for their medical supply business...

He called a Western dealer who said they could put a HTS Western on it...

Excuse me? They where going to fabricate a mount....

Doesn't want to buy a used plow truck, doesn't want to buy a new truck, doesn't want to buy a tractor...

Even he got a suburbanite/homesteader/drive pro I think they are going to be disappointed... He won't look at a sno-way with "plastic" moldboard.....

I predict carnage and mayhem....

·
Registered
749 Posts
He can put a blade on that of some sort (Boss makes a kit), but a road that gets 200" can't be kept open with just a mid-size pickup - you're right. He'll need loader support. It seems he has more money than enough - I'll sell him my Deere 450 dozer - he can caulk the tracks and go to town on the banks twice a year!

·
Site Founder
5,721 Posts
My friend is asking about a plow for his 2006 tacoma double cab... I told him no....

1/4 mile dirt driveway, 200+ inches of snow, needs the truck for their medical supply business...

He called a Western dealer who said they could put a HTS Western on it...

Excuse me? They where going to fabricate a mount....

Doesn't want to buy a used plow truck, doesn't want to buy a new truck, doesn't want to buy a tractor...

Even he got a suburbanite/homesteader/drive pro I think they are going to be disappointed... He won't look at a sno-way with "plastic" moldboard.....

I predict carnage and mayhem....

Not sure how I missed this one. I think he'd be very happy with a Drive Pro. Don't group it in with the light weight plows please. I did two Tacoma's in the past year. One was a 4 door. They are VERY capable trucks and plows. Naturally the banks will need to be winged back (as soon as you get some big iron to do it for him :D) but the Drive Pro will perform fine. Pricing on them is very reasonable too, AND they come with the ROC Solid Warranty, 3 years on EVERYTHING, and 5 years on all structural parts. As long as he registers the warranty on the Meyer web site.

~Chuck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts