Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello have quick question, had a E58H two post motor 15829. My niece back into my truck. Since then I had to get out tab the motor with hammer to start it working. Friend gave me a E60 with one post. Do I need a double ground plug and how should be wired and grounded. Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello have quick question, had a E58H two post motor 15829. My niece back into my truck. Since then I had to get out tab the motor with hammer to start it working. Friend gave me a E60 with one post. Do I need a double ground plug and how should be wired and grounded. Thanks
Yes, you can use the single post motor. If you look at your double plug that is on your harness, and trace the ground wire, you will see that the ground wire is split in a "Y". One of the eyelets attaches to the motor, and the other attaches to the E-60 base to ground the housing, supplying ground to the A, B, and C coils/valves. You can either attach both eyelets to the E-60 base, or leave the one that goes to the 2 post motor off. The theory to the 2 post motor, is that the direct ground to the motor will extend its life, as sometimes corrosion developed between the motor and the base where it attaches to. Just make sure you connect the positive wire to motor and do not mix the wires up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes, you can use the single post motor. If you look at your double plug that is on your harness, and trace the ground wire, you will see that the ground wire is split in a "Y". One of the eyelets attaches to the motor, and the other attaches to the E-60 base to ground the housing, supplying ground to the A, B, and C coils/valves. You can either attach both eyelets to the E-60 base, or leave the one that goes to the 2 post motor off. The theory to the 2 post motor, is that the direct ground to the motor will extend its life, as sometimes corrosion developed between the motor and the base where it attaches to. Just make sure you connect the positive wire to motor and do not mix the wires up.
Sorry, E-58 not E-60 is what I meant to say.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the information. I ran a double ground power plug everything's working like it should also got new HD solenoid. Thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts