Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably a not so smart question (definately not stupid one, I hope), but I go through a set of plow markers each year and find that a waste of money. Anyone know of markers that last, or have made some that last? On mine the springs rust and they break off, or I brush against some low trees and the plastic just snaps off.:mad:

·
Registered
610 Posts
i buy the meyer knock offs
usually get 2-3 yrs out of them

john:grinz

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You know what, I think mine are the REAL Meyer ones maybe that's the problem.:mad:

·
Registered
610 Posts
i slid a peice of 1/2" heater hose and zip tie it
to help support where the pole is crimped to the bracket
john

·
Registered
866 Posts
That is what I switched to this year also- I have also used the heater hose trick to help support them. I have a set on my old Diamond that are a flexible steel core, surrounded by a plastic coating- they are more than ten years old!!!! I can't find any like that anymore though!

Bill

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I use the OEM Western ones with the flags. They are flexible so if they hit or rub into something, they can give and spring back to where they were. The most that ever happened was that the Western flag got ripped off, so I took off the other side too so it matched, lol. Then I ordered new ones. I gotta have everything looking proper. Mike :)

·
LetsTalkSnow.com - Travel & Bar Consultant
2,029 Posts
I have bought some cheapies from Farm & Country store.
They are like a battery cable inside and plastic coated
on the outside. 10 bucks a set...........

I had them on my old plow 2 yrs. and they are still on
it. My bud has that plow now still workin' it !......geo

·
Registered
217 Posts
Like wyldman said, run the long fluorescent ones, you'll be happy
you did.
You can put them on any plow, very visable, 2 or 3ft long.
I use to run the stock western spring ones and go thru at least a set a year, plus they are a lot mory money.
Ever see what happens when the marker gets caught on a fence?

Most of the time they would break when stacking or plowing along
an old frozen pile.

The plastic tubes really hold up well.

Oh, Mike if you need them , I have a few orphan flags!:D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I found that the small ones with the flags get caught in chainlink fences. They break pretty easily too. I got a pair of the big flourescent orange ones this year, and will use the smaller ones on my wings. At $25 or more for a pair with the flags, they were getting expensive after I bought the second set!

Has anyone found any of the orange tubing anywhere? I wouldn't be against making my own next time I break one....

·
Registered
333 Posts
sons if you guys have plowed more than a season you shouldn't need your rookie sticks.just like in nascar once you raced in bush or nextel series they take off the yellow paint on the bumper lol lol
just kidding guys i use mine all the time.i couldn't plow without them :D

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
I've been looking for the fluorescent tubing in bulk too,so i can make my own.

If you buy the really long ones for the big trucks,you can repair them many times before you need to replace them.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I've run the original markers on my boss for 3 years plus everybody that comes over to my gargae allways plays with them.
No problems with mine yet.:D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.