Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Western UltraMount w/ 3-Port ISO on a F350. I was out plowing this morning when my plow quit working (no up or side2side). The plow lights are still working. I have a joystick controller and the red light is on. When I unplug/plug the tap fuse to the controller the light goes out/on. I've visually checked the wiring, and don't see any corrosion or breaks. Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There should be 2 fuses in the plow wiring harness, you need to inspect for power there
Thanks for the thought, but both 7.5 and 15 fuses were tested with a multimeter and look good. Anything else.
Using the Western Mechanics Guide (Troubleshooting) I jumped the solenoid large posts and it runs plow motor. Connecting a jumper to the brown/red wire post on solenoid to battery positive runs the plow motor. Checking the Vehicle Harness (Controller) I have 12V at pin #1, and using a jumper between pin #1 and #4 runs the plow motor. Doing a Controller test w/ a 12V power supply I DO NOT see 12V across the #2,4,5,6 pins when using the joystick, but I do see varied voltage. Are these tests pointing to a bad joystick controller?

Thanks for any help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts