Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to figure out how to mount a plow light on my Jeep YJ Wrangler. The roof is fiberglass, and I don't want to start drilling holes.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have just the thing for you. it is a round thin metal plate with velco on it. I got it when I bought my last magnetic mount light. I don't need it so it is your if you want it.

Ray

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks

Those are some great ideas, guys. Thanks.

I'm picking up the Jeep today. I just got a SnoWay put on it and I can't wait.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Snoway Plow on Wrangler?

CoolGreen, or others on this forum,

Was thinking about purchasing a Jeep TJ and putting on a Snoway plow. I live in Northern Indiana - we don't get much snow, but I see a market for residential snow and ice management and think this combination of small vehicle and plow would work here. Was going to mount a trailer-hitch salt spreader on the back too. How has yours worked this winter? Any suggestions, observations, or recommendations?

Kind Regards,

Mike

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
YJ is great for plowing

So far my YJ has been great for plowing. It does just about anything my Ford does, and is also a lot more maneuverable.

I've seen three other YJs in my area. Two have Westerns and the other has what looks like a small Fisher. I run a SnoWay, which is great, but even with the down pressure on seems to lack the weight for backdragging.

·
Banned
1,973 Posts
I found a rack on ebay for $11 for a pair...

So this is on my jeep.

·
AKA "Iceman"
821 Posts
in the mid nineties, the hospital I used to work for bought a jeep wrangler with a snowplow ( despite the fact that they had a contractor doing snow plowing the hospital, I just think it was so the boss could borrow it to plow his own driveway)

Anyway, I remember seeing the accessory catalog when the Jeep was new, You could buy a bar that screwed on to the front windshield post and was pre drilled for driving lights ( which were also available as an option) the bar came up the windshield pot and across the top of the roof just above the windshield. I think you could put at least for Off road lights up there ( maybe as many as 6 , I dont remember)

It seems to me that if that was still available, a beacon or light bar could also be bolted and wired through it.

That was a long time ago, I dont know if that option is still available.

·
Registered
8,806 Posts
Ditto what Jeff suggested. That is waht we did on our Jeep.

Yes, Jeeps will make a fine plowing vehicle. We use ours strictly for sidewalks. A 6.5' Western, we made a rack for a push salt spreader, shovels, snowblower if needed and we carry about 500# of bagged salt in the back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts