Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It to bad I have had to recently pass on several new customers that were really close to my home base . They had nowhere to put the snow ! .White picket fence or walls everywhere . Hydrant etc . Pushing across the street is out of question . To bad they would have fit my route perfectly .

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
If you had enough of them and had a machine like Pelican's it would be good just snow blow it ,But there would have to be alot in the same area to justify bring in that typ of machine to make it work while.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
BWhite, how about using an ordinary snowblower? You can load it in the back of your truck and unload it when you get there and do all the houses that are near each other and load it back up and be on your way. Just a thought before pass on it. Mike :cash

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Bill,I have the same issues here.It just does not pay for me to get out and snowblow a driveway,and a skidsteer/snowblowers cost is just way to much to ever get a return on investment for me.For someone who used it in the summer,it would be perfect,but what do you do,trailer the skidsteer around in a snow storm?The time involved in doing that wouldnt make it worth it,unless you were bowing back banks,and gettign a minimum charge everytime,most residentials ar just not willing to pay that here.There are a lot of guys here who will take the account,and just push the snow across the street.I would consider that on a backroad,but not any main roads.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pushing across the street

around here they fine($50) if they catch you or the ring the customers bell if your not there and thats after I let no traces that I plowed across the street except the windrow was a little taller across from the drive .PITA LOL

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
John some landcapers here would take there bobcat to clean 2 car drices and pull them with ther F550 with a 9' blade on them .I could never figure out why they did that not like we had 1' of snow and it could of been done with the truck.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
snowblower

A snowblower is an option , but I really dont want to get into using a snowblower often . I am thinking about purchasing a lightweight model for those rare occasions I may wish I had one .
Loading and unloading a heavy model may be more difficult with my backplow ,although a ramp would span over it .

·
Registered
382 Posts
Can you drag the load down the street somewhere with that backplow? The law states you can't plow across a road, but does it say anything about dragging it down the road? Maybe there will be a pile nearby for you.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Both of my commercial accounts have high curbs, and only one of them has a break in the curb for me to push the snow into- trouble is that there is quite a hole there where I have to push the snow, so I can't push it too far back. What I end up doing is going in once a month or so with two tractors- one has a bucket, and the other has a front mounted snow blower that we use to thorw the snow over the banks into the fields. It works pretty good.

Bill

1 - 9 of 9 Posts