Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a buddy who was thinking of putting a plow on his 97 Landcruiser to plow his driveway. I did a real quick search and didn't see anything. Also checked the Snow-way, Western and Fisher sites. None show a plow available. So does anyone know if anyone makes a mount for one of these. I though Sno-Way would be the best.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
After reading my post on the Land Cruiser board...

Meyer has a truck specific mount for the Land Cruiser... I don't know why it wouldn't work with at least 93-94, but they only list 95-97...

I can't see any difference in my 94 frame..

They are basically 3/4 ton trucks (and some parts are heavier duty).

The auto transmission is from a full size school bus.

The engine is balanced at the factory

The front cv joints are stronger than a dana 44 u joint.

The rear axle is full floater..

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Howard, I just took a look, and they fit 95 - 05 Landcruisers. It is the EZ Classic mounting, with the lift hoop that looks like a removable bull/push bar.

~Chuck
Which makes NO sense.. 92-97 were the 80 series and solid axle. 98-2005 were completely different with IFS.

I can't imagine how they wouldn't be able to fit an earlier year. Niteman was talking about 97 though... which has the potential to be a GREAT plow rig if it was optioned with front and rear electric lockers...

I have thought about buying a carton just to have.. I have a Western unimount carton that was modified for a cruiser... It is easier finding a Meyer classic mount plow though..

Do the take the narrow a frame or the wider one?

·
Site Founder
5,721 Posts
Well I was waiting to dig further. The Meyer site goes down nightly for a while for updates. Figured by now it would be up. I got as far as seeing what years it fits, and the site went offline when I went to get part numbers and pictures of the mounts. Let me check my files here.

~Chuck

Edit: Something is weird. When I try to look up the mount for the Landcruiser, it takes me to the Landrover Defender mount instructions, even though they have different mounting cartons. This is on the Meyer CD I have.

·
Site Founder
5,721 Posts
Let's see if this works.

http://www.meyerproducts.com/Upload/Forms/1-768.pdf

Looks like the factory has 17 in stock, and list is $1172.61

Keep in mind the mounting carton comes with the plow A frame and Sector.

Pretty basic mount. They use the narrow tubular a frame, with TM plows.

~Chuck

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So Chuck if we found a used meyer plow and bought this mount we would be good to go. I am sure some re-wiring would be needed. You wouldn't have enough parts laying around to put a complete unit together would you?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts