Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

good old Meyer e-47 and TM-78 blade with rubber edge, this will be perfect for the loading docks at a place we plow, there is a type of traction finish so that the trucks can pull out of the hole and I dont want to mess it up.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good old jeep decided to pop a head gasket during the last snowfall:headwall so now we will just use this, besides heated seats and a radio is nice (what was I thinking before?)

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Nate

How come you dont plow with a truck ?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
because I really cant afford another payment per month. in order to have the fun toys you have to have the cash to spend on it. no snow = no :cash

also I do alot of small bastardly type lots, one of them is below

all the snow from the rear loading docks must be pushed out front along with all the snow between the buildings,...and it is real hard to get a fullsize back in there, I did it for 2 years with a 1 ton:headwall

·
Registered
668 Posts
I remember that site . . . . it was on another site last year wasn't it Nate?

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Big Nate's Plowing said:
yup, should have dropped them, I even doubled the price and they stayed:headwall
quadruple it next year atleast if they still decide to say it will be more than worth your while for the little agravation...

·
Registered
98 Posts
How powerful is the duranago for plowing? How does the trans hold up? I have a 2001 durango I was considering putting a plow but hav'nt seen one on a durango until now. I have full time AWD great traction in snow and rain.

·
Registered
701 Posts
The V-8 has plenty of power and the AWD will work alright, however my Dakota has both options full-time 4x4 (like AWD) and part-time 4x4, the part-time is much better in the heavier snow and slippery conditions. The AWD it seems just doesn't transfer as much power to the front end, so say (not that I would know from experience or anything:rolleyes: ) you 're stacking and you end up off of the pavement and into grass, deaper snow or mud because the ground is not frozen yet, get stuck in AWD shift to part-time and back right out without a problem. Just my perspective.:grinz

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well with the 1½" we got yesterday it did fine, the truck has the 4.7 and a brand new transfercase / clutch system for the AWD, the rear has a tight stock limited slip and the front has a auburn limited slip. also the AWD will NOT unlock when in a loose situation, all four wheels spin in snow. if the front isint pulling while out of lock then the clutch disc in the front of the transfercase is worn out (so I was told)

·
Registered
701 Posts
Ahh, there is a difference in them then, the Dakota witht the selectable transfer case has a Dana 35 front end w/o limited slip.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the front has a dana 35 also, I installed the limited slip in there (PITA) but from my understanding the dakota has a different transfer case ours has 4wd HI lock and LOW lock

·
Registered
701 Posts
Oops, missed the part about the Auburn in your other post (who can read today, not me), I've been contemplating puting limited slip in the front and rear of mine but so far have been lacking in funds and time, does the T-case in yours have 5 positions, 2WD, 4WD Full-time, 4WD High, Neutral, and 4WD Low. On another note how do you like the 4.7, I was looking at one but wondered how it would tow as compared to my 5.2.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ours has 3 positions 4wd, HI LOCK, LOW LOCK

it did alright with 6000# of jeep, trailer and spare parts, still got 12.5 mpg @ 65 too

1 - 15 of 15 Posts