Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone post some pictures of dollys or carts that you have made for your plows. I don't want to spend the money to buy one, if I can reasonablely make one myself.

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Hi jbutch83
I don't think 30 bucks is a big deal. That's what mine cost and the time to scrounge up the stuff i needed far outwieghed the cost of them.
Unless you need something fancy i'm sure it would be a lot easier
just to purchase them..
Just my opinion.
:p

·
Registered
413 Posts
I think I saw it on plowsite a while back, but someone, can't remember who, welded casters onto the plow shoes making dollies. Seemed really slick - and found a use for otherwise useless plowshoes that we all have lying around.

We bought casters from HD and built a small frame out of 2x4's. Simple enough.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Dollies

I bought 2 sets of snowmobile dollies from Northern for $ 20 ea with shipping it was about $ 50 . just buying the 24 casters is going to be $$ . They work well and have a groove to accept the bottom edge

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
plow cart

I found this style on the net

Attachments

·
Site Founder
5,721 Posts
Western has wheels as an option. THey attach to the side of the shoe mounts. They should go a step further, and add some type of a clamp on wheel for the back of the assembly.

I have seen people use scaffold wheels in the sleeves for the shoes....

~Chuck

·
Registered
701 Posts
I've got the bottom half of an old shopping cart, it puts the plow at just the right height for my truck.

·
Registered
619 Posts
BWhite, I was thinking of that very design just last week when I had to move mine the hard way.... a floor jack and planks! That's easy and quick to whip together from what I see of it. Just some channel iron, good quality casters, get out the chop saw, and my trusty Lincoln crackerbox! Looks like a winter project for me so I have it come Spring.

Chuck, scaffold wheels in thew shoe sleeves? Clever... hmmm, that would let us trip-edge owners have more access to the blade's edge as well for painting, etc.

·
Registered
619 Posts
If you ever buy one new, do yourself a favor and get the ac/dc model. I didn't and I wished I did. I've got a diode conversion arrangement I could add to the AC box but more fiddling and fabricating than worth, likely. Forget those cruddy Century brand welders. At least get a good brand like the Lincolns or a Miller. Some Hobarts arent too bad.

·
Registered
619 Posts
festerw said:
I've got the bottom half of an old shopping cart, it puts the plow at just the right height for my truck.
You prolly got the same cart I whipped across the K-Mart lot after it hit my truck from some bonehead that let it take a stroll in the wind! Then the dork has the nerve to say to me, "don't worry, it didn't do any damage from what I can see". He was 3 spaces away! What was he looking for, a completely caved in door?

·
Registered
701 Posts
I'm not sure where it came from the guy I bought the plow from gave it to me, I hear what your saying about the carts though, I used to work at kohl's on the weekends and came out one morning to find that a wally world cart had smashed the turn signal light on my Talon, only 35 bucks but it's the principle of the thing you know.

·
Registered
619 Posts
That's got to be the worst WalMart I've ever visited!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
There are good Walmarts??? I think they're all about the same.... Free enterprise as it's best, er worst. :headwall

1 - 13 of 13 Posts