• Any position, dosn't matter.

Votes: 6 10.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, how many guys drive with your blades angled?

I drive most of the time with mine angled only because of less wind resistance.

Any other reasons to have it straight or angled for most of the time while driving?

·
Registered
357 Posts
I go straight. It actually bothers me if the plow is a little crooked:rolleyes: I guess I do it like this, because I get the impression that when it is slippery, it would be easier to lose control with the blade angled.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
if im on the highway or one of the more major roads where i have space it will be strait and as low as possible for better airflow into the radiator. if im running on some of the more narrow city side streets its angled whichever way is best for conditions...

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
The 7.5' I run angled for air flow- usually to the left. I prefer having the "traffic side" closer to the truck. The 9' stays straight. At full angle, it's only about two inches from the surface, so it scrapes a lot. Not only is it scraping the surface, but then it kicks snow, mud etc up onto to side of the truck.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I usually angle mine but at 6.5' wide it really doesnt matter much.

I do find it annoying tho when someone with a wide plow doesn't angle it and they find it neccessary to drive on my side of the road because of the narrow street/parked cars etc....

Dean:mad:

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
I run mine angled toward the curbside (right) that way if i have to move over for someone or a larger vehicle and happen to make contact with a snowbank the plow wont slam over and possibly break something. And also if ya something curbside with the blade angled the opposite way you most likely will be thrown into the ditch. I run the plow straight and low to the ground when the truck temps rise a little.

·
Registered
146 Posts
plow angle

i usaly run mine low and just tilted to right but i have a air foil on mine to direct the air into engine . could see paying 100 bucks to blizzard so i made mine for about 40

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
90% of the time i run my 8 foot fisher angled to the right.People around here could care less if you have a plow on or not and will come real close scraping the plow, when i have it turned they seem to stay further away.On the highway i usually keep it straight maybe with just a slight angle.

·
Registered
146 Posts
plow angle

i usaly run mine low and just tilted to right but i have a air foil on mine to direct the air into engine . could see paying 100 bucks to blizzard so i made mine for about 40

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I run mine in the V position. MVP :D

Everett

·
Registered
660 Posts
V position with the BOSS.

And ALWAYS angled so as to navigate the narrow roads better.

Nothing worse than taking up more room on an already narrow road.

Ticks me off to no end when I have to squeeze by some dipshyt-hotshot with it STRAIGHT on a narrow road. That little angle switch......USE IT!

You 7.5' guys, it doesn't matter all that much, but any bigger :argue

It always seems to be the 8.5' and 9' guys too.

·
Registered
150 Posts
With the Blizzard I run it straight , with v-plow i run it in the V position,and anything else I run it angled.:D

·
Registered
491 Posts
Always angled reguardless of which plow I'm using.
It is a must with my 10' Western. It takes up the whole lane when straight.
I normally keep a plow angled to the left. It is easier to make a right turn this way. You don't have to worry about the far left side reach of the blade clipping another vehicle.

Jake.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I like to angle left. I can see the right side of blade that way and if someone hits me head on they will hopefully go back to their side.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I always travel with my blade angled. It also help with reducing wind resistance and take up less width on the road. Sometime I may have to momentarly straighten the blade out when approaching a steep dip or something that the lower corner of blade may bump on.

As for the position of the blade when angled - in the past I used to angle my blade to the right just because it would be away from the cars. After some thought, I think it is a bad idea because for example you are travelling on one lane highway at 55 MPH with your blade angle to the right. Let say supposely an incoming vehicle for some reason drifted off their lane into the path of your truck. If there is an impact on the left side of blade, you guess it, the plow most likely will swing and get damaged pretty good, and your truck too, including the frames.

My theory is that by angling the blade to the left, you are minimizing the amount of possible damages. In that same case, the car probably would most likely hit and slide off the blade to the left of your side, which should signifcantly reduce potential damages.

Since the beginning of this winter, I have been keeping my blade angled to the left when travelling. I also feel safer that way too. I noticed that some other guys around here are doing the same, keeping the blade angled to the left.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Most of the time it's kept angled to the left.
I find that when it's angled that way the plow lights don't shine off of the back of the plow into the truck as bad, so i don't have to deal with the glare.(at least not on my side that is).
Also with the plow angled there's less resistance going down the road.
With it straight you might as well hang a 1/2 sheet of plywood on the front of the truck it adds up to about the same area.:)

Dan

·
Registered
668 Posts
I generally run angled to the right. With the wings on I'm just a bit too wide.:)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Angled to the right, for safety purposes. If the blade somehow happens to come into contact with the side of the road, it will just deflect off. For those that angle it to the left, - that's just crazy. If you ever happened to bump - even just slightly - into the side, you would be sucked right off the road and probably flipped over, if at any adequate speed.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts