Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend was cut off by a guy , made a left right in front of him without looking. he has a 2003 dodge ram. 25-30 mph impact, but the unimount plow was wrecked, the mounting wrecked, and his frame twisted in the front. his ins co, USAA is telling him the plow is personal property and not covered. they are also lowballing him big time on USAA ,and its USAA jerking him around. they are supposed to cover him thru collision and then recoup from the other guy. any advice is welcome. thanks ps- its in NY .

·
Registered
495 Posts
If the other guy is at fault, why is he going through his own insurance company at all? It should be the other insurance company footing the bill. If they are denying it, it means they do not expect the other insurance company to pay up.

If he is at fault, despite the way you worded it, then unless he specifically added the plow to his insurance, it wouldn't be covered. If he has collision on a $1500 truck and puts a $10,000 plow on it, then no, the insurance isn't on the hook for the $10k plow when he was paying $900 a year for the insurance.

·
Super Moderator
898 Posts
Added equipment needs to be listed on his insurance, in other words he need to tell
His insurance agent about the plow and it’s cost. Ahead of time.

·
Super Moderator
898 Posts
A lawyer lol and he’ll pay the lawyer
How much out of the 1-2k the truck is worth.

I bet he only had liability insurance...

E39E3834-650C-4C83-951A-453829ECD159.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
898 Posts
What variables did I or didn’t I use?
I’ll start you out
1.I didn’t select 2 x 4 ,

Only one other option would increase its value . that would be if you assumed it was a diesel and even then it wouldn’t add that much more to the Kelley blue book value.

I’m Close enough for discussion , it’s not rocket science...

·
Banned
65 Posts
What variables did I or didn’t I use?
I’ll start you out
1.I didn’t select 2 x 4 ,

Only one other option would increase its value . that would be if you assumed it was a diesel and even then it wouldn’t add that much more to the Kelley blue book value.

I’m Close enough for discussion , it’s not rocket science...
model, condition , miles and extra equipment.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts