Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got the undercarraige iron installed on my ugly '83 1/2 ton shortbox, and I can't figure out how to install the pump and bracket to my sb305. I've got a xerox of the Fisher parts manual, but it's not much help Can anyone pull a nice picture out of their hat and help me out?:headwall Thanks, Andrew Golt

·
GO GO Gadget Plow!
1,380 Posts
I will try and get you a pic of that. Its very easy, one side of the pump baracket goes behind the upper power steering pump bracket. And the upper side of the bracket goes to a head bolt.
I am installing a pump right now, and the head hole is stripped,I need to tap the hole to a 7/16 x 14 thread bolt hole. Projects are fun.
Dino

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HELP< MY HOLES DON'T LINE UP! I worked on the truck last night, got the headgear installed, added 3 quarts of ATF to the transfer case, but the pump is a no-go. I took off the upper bolt from the PS pump along with the spacer, and cleaned out the threads in the unused upper bolt hole in the head. The holes in the Fisher bracket are about 21/2 inches apart, and the head holes are 13/4(?). There don't seem to be any other holes to use . What am I missing? The plow and everything came off of the same truck, I hope , I think? A good picture would help:headwall . I wish I had a digital camera... Andrew:cash

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FOUND MA BRACKET!!! I spent an hour on the phone to all area junkyards, no luck. Then I went to Fishers web site:headwall and called about 15 dealers until, Snowplow Sales in Gilsum NH said , YES, we have it! It seems that Fisher is manufacturing these brackets even as we speak, but I was getting impatient. And the price is only $21! It seems that my ill-fiiting bracket was from a serpentine 305, oh well.:burnout

1 - 4 of 4 Posts