Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all well i just thought i would post the latest pic of my truck all waxed up with new cooper discovers at,s 265/75r16 10 ply load range e,david

Attachments

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
TIme to do some plowing with that truck :D

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Looks good David!

Now you need to crank up them torsion bars so it sits level!! pimp

·
Registered
119 Posts
SnowyBowtie said:
Looks good David!

Now you need to crank up them torsion bars so it sits level!! pimp
I don't understand why GM is still making trucks that sit like that!? :confused:

Dodge and Ford got it right, but maybe GM thinks it looks good.

·
Registered
359 Posts
i think i read somewheres that gm finally had approved to put 265's on the 2500's stock since some crazy number like 75% of buyers were ripping the donuts they came with off and putting 265 or 285's on. i myself jumped up to the 26575r 16 load range e bridgestone steeltexes and have had good luck so far.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Looks good Dave:burnout

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Looking good Davey
I'm sure i'll see it up close real soon.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well yes your right, i still need a plow but as plowdak knows i have to wait until i buy my home as i live in a apt complex now, . i have done three things to my truck 1 i had a rhino lining sprayed in it before i picked it up, two, i put on vent shades so i could put the window down a bit and not get water coming in, and three most important i tossed the garbage factory tires and put on the cooper discovers at,s, and next will be a plowwwwwwwwww iam leaning towards a curtis but still need to look a little more at snowayssssssss,i have learned a lot since finding this web site so i will be better prepared when i do finally buy a plow,david:cool:

·
Registered
660 Posts
I guess there's still people that LIKE the white letters out on their trucks? :rolleyes:

Kinda reminds me of some of my buds back in highschool with Airshocks and 60's on their 6 cylinder Chevelle's :(

At the tire shop that I deal with, you have to ASK for the whites OUT.

This is the last vehicle I had with Whites OUT. It was the late 80's and they WERE BF Goodrich's it WAS the fad!

Attachments

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well actually i was thinking about not getting the owl style but then i thought it would look good with my truck being solid blue, and iam glad i did i think they look good,

·
Registered
71 Posts
david-nh said:
Well actually i was thinking about not getting the owl style but then i thought it would look good with my truck being solid blue, and iam glad i did i think they look good,
yeah I like the white letter look too...MOF I still run the BFGs w White letters...if its still around after 20+ yrs is it mor eof a trend or still a fad ???:p

Dean

·
Registered
866 Posts
Nice looking truck! When are you going to post some pics of it with the plow on? Hope you get to run it soon! I also run with the OWL or solid white letters most of the time- I like the look of it.

Bill

·
Registered
76 Posts
I like the white letters out. I think it adds a little something to the truck and the overall style.

Any reason why some are going with the 265's and others are going with the 285's?

Any Pro's/Con's to either...?

:burnout

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
My truck has the OWL, outlined white letter, and I think it looks good. I like the OWL over solid white letters. My truck came with OWL tires when new, and it just seems right to keep putting them on as white when it comes time to buy new tires. In my oppinion, my truck would look plain with black tires. My truck is a 1992 though, I dont think the white letters look right on these newer trucks for some reason, I dont know why I think that, I just do. TLS, thats a real nice older Chevy you posted a picture of, looks to be clean as a whistle. Mike :shades

·
Registered
660 Posts
I guess I just don't care for the whites out. My view now is..... I PAID for the tires, and, unless their sponsoring me, I'm NOT going to do ANY advertising for a tire company! :eek:

See my point now?

Plus, a clean look with the blackwalls I feel makes it look better.

You know the saying, opinions are like gasholes, everyones got their own! :D

Mike, thanks for the compliment. Sure regret selling it! That truck used to really scoot! And that was rowin' with a granny low 4 speed and 3.08 gears!

22mpg highway though! Couldn't complain there!

I was second owner. I'm sure its now slowly rusting apart in the poconos in a field. :(

Here is a before shot.

Attachments

·
Registered
382 Posts
Hey GreenQuest Lawn I have the same spreader as you (do you have the cab control or do you just plug into cig. outlet?) What are your feelings on it?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Greenquest,

I got one for ya, how do you like the u-edge ?? may I ask the cost of it, and do you know if they make them for 7.5 Boss staight blades :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts